chapter 20

WORD COUNT: 1107

Me and a couple people tried our best to pull Jah off the man he was fighting. He eventually got up. "Fuck you, and ya mama too!" Jah screamed at him.

"Right back at ya!" The man, who looked to be in his forties, with shaggy blonde hair and a small frame, who looked to be unkept, yelled in a British accent.

We stumbled out of the club, heading back to our hotel.

"What was that for?" I screamed at Jahseh.

"He called you hot." He mumbled.

"Jah-"

He interrupted me by kissing me, this time he tasted strongly of alcohol. "Jah, seriously, you need to go back. You're drunk."

Nyla watched wide-eyed the whole time. "Wow."

-

I went to sleep that night, anxious to see Jahseh in the morning to see if he still felt the same as he did the night before. I really liked him, and my heart wanted me to pursue him, but my brain told me he was just drunk. And maybe that's all he was. Just drunk. But was he really?

I eventually fell asleep around 4am, to the cars zooming past and police sirens prevalent in the City of Lights.

-
I opened my eyes and saw Jahseh standing over my bed.

"I love you, Bianca." He smiled. "You are mine and I am yours, that's all we are."

He took my hand, helping me up. I was dressed in a red gown and my hair let down, to my back. Jahseh wore all black, complete with a choker, a gold chain, and earrings.

He wrapped his arms around my lower back, pulling me closer to him. Our faces were getting closer and closer until

-

I awoke, for real this time, to the sound of a knock at our door.

"Bianca Ferrari, Nyla Kohli. We are leaving to go sightseeing as a group in 45 minutes. Be ready." My chaperone, Mr. Bernard warned.

Making sure he was far down the hallway and couldn't hear us, Nyla glared. "45 minutes? He expects us to get ready in 45 fucking minutes to go to PARIS? Fuck him." She screamed.

I sighed, then got ready as fast as I could. I rinsed my hair for 2 minutes, then dried off and went to go get dressed. I put on my pink and grey camo cargo pants and a black bandeau top, paired with my Huaraches. I then put my hair in 2 mini buns and did my makeup all nice, leaving 5 minutes to chill out and pack a backpack.

Nyla wasn't as fast as I was.

She was just starting to do her makeup five minutes before we had to leave to meet in the lobby.

"Ny, want me to pack your bag?"

"Uh-huh."

I then packed her bag full of the same shit I packed mine: Her phone, a charger, headphones, a snack, book, her Polaroid, a water bottle, and her wallet.

Before we knew it, it was time to meet in the lobby. She finished just in time. She looked cute in her oversized white sweater and black denim shorts. She wore black thigh high stiletto boots. She had her hair in a loose low ponytail, too.

"Ready." I handed her her bag and off we went.

We took the elevator and saw our group waiting on the couches. "Now come, our first stop is the Louvre, where we are to meet with the other groups. Stay together, don't run off."

Nyla and I linked arms as we walked out of the hotel and down the Parisian sidewalks, eventually coming to the right bank of the Seine, close to where the Arc de Triomphe stood, which in the distance you could make out the large glass pyramid. I took a lot of photos because, well, every block you see a new sight.

Paris was truly something else. There was no words to describe how unique it was. There were no large buildings, only beautiful 2-4 story buildings which lined the streets, with cafés in every corner, which released the calming smell of bread, honey, and baked treats in the air.

We reached the Louvre, and met the other groups on the square. I saw Jah in a cute Bape shirt and joggers. And my brother, who I wish wasn't here.

Mr. Bernard stood atop a podium. "Alright, Tealo students. The other teachers believe that you guys should be allowed to mingle with each other, but try your best to stay in your groups and not run off. We will meet here in 3 hours, all who fail to do so will be punished for the rest of the day. Do you hear me?"

Everybody nodded their heads. I stood by Nyla, and we walked to go find a tour guide.

"Oh my God." I tapped on Nyla's shoulder. "Do you see the man in the dark green uniform?"

"Oh my- that's Léo. Let's go ask him for the tour."

We both ran over to him, then tapped on his shoulder.

"Bonjour, comment puis-je vous aider- wait Nyla?" He looked at her, and any normal person with a brain could see how lovingly he looked at her. "What are you doing here?" He placed his hands on her upper arms.

"My school has to have a tour here today. You're assigned to us?"

"Oui- I'm so glad I get to see you!" He smiled, then kissed her on the cheek.

"Hey, Ny, I'm gonna go find Jahseh and see what's up, okay?"

"Okay, see you Bianca."

I ran around the square until I found the boy with the blonde and black dreads. "Jah!"

"Oh, Bianca."

"What's up?"

"Nothing." He shrugged, and put his hands in his pockets.

"Are you okay, I mean after last night, the fight."

"Yuh."

"Oh."

He looked around.

"So I was thinking, I will be your fake girlfriend." I beamed.

"K." He gave me a rude look.

"What?"

"Nun." He walked faster, trying to avoid me.

"Seriously, Jah are you good?" I put my hand on his neck, but he quickly brushed it away.

"Leave me alone, Bianca. Please, just one day. Can. You. Not. Be clingy for once?" He scoffed. He then pushed past me with his arm.

I found a place near the Seine, where I could see my reflection in the water. My tears fell and created ripples, which were kind of satisfying. I tried my best to make my sobs inaudible. What did I do? Everything happened so fast...

"Hey."

UPDATING TONIGHT 11/6/18 SORRY FOR THE WAIT❤️

UPDATE: I've written over 3 different versions of the next chapter but every time I try to publish a new one the app glitches. Currently trying to contact Wattpad, and if that doesn't work I'll try to update on my sisters laptop.

thx for reading this chapter😈💙 make sure to follow and turn on post notifications to see what happens next🌺also check out my reading lists, if you're feeling down or just looking for a cool book by a cool author👀📚