Chapter 8

Another week had passed, this time with Helen occasionally stopping by to make sure that (Y/N) was taking care of herself. But he still wasn't allowed to see the piece that she was working on. After a few more days, (Y/N)'s work was finally completed and had been moved to her gallery.

Pacing nervously, (Y/N) was wringing her hands together and biting her lip. It was evening and she was waiting in front of the gallery for Helen to arrive. She had asked him to meet her here so that she could show him the painting she had been working on. It was approaching an hour and a half when she saw a blue-coated figure walking towards her.

"Good evening, (Y/N). What was it you wanted to show me?" Helen greeted her with a smile and a tilt of the head.

(Y/N) blushed slightly and pointed back towards the gallery doors while fumbling to pull out her keys. "It's inside. Oh, Helen, I'm sure you're going to love it!" She grinned before spinning to unlock the door. Helen watched her with a loving gaze as she struggled with her keys.

He wraps an arm around her waist and uses his other hand to guide the key into the lock on the gallery door. "I'm sorry I made you wait so long. You must be freezing." He said softly, an apologetic tone to his voice.

(Y/N)'s face flushed red. "No! It's- I'm fine! Don't worry about it!" She stumbled over her words. He was so close to her. He's so warm... She thought. Opening the door, she pulled away from him and grabbed his hand, pulling him inside.

The inside of the gallery was a lot warmer than the frigid winds outside. Most of the lights were turned off save for a few floor lights that were highlighting some of the artwork. Overall, the atmosphere could be seen as romantic in an eerie sort of way. Turning back to Helen, still holding his hand, (Y/N) asked him to close his eyes. "It's a surprise!" She said. "That means no peeking!" Helen chuckled and humored her, closing his eyes. After waving her hand in front of his face a few times and getting no reaction, (Y/N) began leading him towards her latest masterpiece.

They walked to the elevator and stepped out on the third floor. Twisting and turning through the gallery's layout, the two arrived at their destination. "Okay, you can open your eyes now," (Y/N) said.

Gazing at the newest painting, Helen felt himself go slack-jawed. It was beautiful. A bouquet of blue roses stood proudly on the canvas. Anyone could easily mistake these wonderfully detailed flowers as real, each petal seemed to be pulled straight from a real rose. It wasn't hard to imagine their sweet scent, Helen could swear that he could. These flowers looked softer than silk, and he wanted to reach forward and touch these delicate petals. The floral arrangement sat in a clear vase, their stems soaked, not in water but in red paint. The vase was overflowing with this deep rich crimson and was spilling over and dripping down the glass. The sight of this beautiful color reminded Helen of the blood he used in his own artwork.

"Wow..." Helen whispered out in awe.

(Y/N) stood by, biting her lip nervously. "Do you like it?" She asked, her (E/C) eyes filled with anticipation.

"I love it, it's beautiful!" Helen's wonder-filled voice rang throughout the gallery halls. "What was your inspiration this time?" He asked.

"Well..." (Y/N) began, speaking hesitantly as another blush rose to her cheeks. "My inspiration was... you..." Helen's gaze snapped to the girl standing beside him, shock evident on his face. Steeling her nerves, (Y/N) met his gaze with one full of determination and hope. "I like you, Helen. Ever since we met, I knew you were special. My heart jumps every time I see you, I can't stop myself from smiling when I think of you. You mean the world to me. I- I love you!" She didn't intend to pour her feelings out to him, but once she started she couldn't stop. Anxiety ran through her veins as she awaited his response with bated breath.

Frozen to his spot, it took a moment for him to register this new information before his shocked expression melted into a warm smile. He stepped closer to the (H/C) haired girl and gently wrapped his arms around her, pulling her against his chest. "You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that." He said softly. "I've never felt this way about anyone before and I find myself wanting to be by your side every moment of every day. I love you too, (Y/N). More than anything in the world, I love you."

(Y/N)'s hands latched onto the back of Helen's signature blue coat, gripping it tightly. She buried her face into his chest, her body shaking with joyful laughter. "I'm happy too! So happy..."

Helen pulled away from her gently cupped her face, running a thumb across her rose-colored cheek. Leaning towards her, their lips met and he could feel a fire erupt inside of him. (Y/N) responded in kind, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

Helen could feel sparks dancing across his skin. She was the only thought filling his head. Her warmth was addicting, her scent intoxicating. When the two broke apart for air, Helen rested his forehead against (Y/N)'s. "I love you, so much." He whispered.

"You're my one and only."

~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey hey! Wow it's been a year hasn't it? Sorry for taking so long, I don't really have any excuses. I hope this chapter was worth the long wait. I'll try to update sooner now but I make no promises. I love you all!

~Katt~