Artistic Similarities

A new art gallery had just opened and Helen, being the art enthusiast he was, had decided to go before it left town.

He left his mask at home, helping him blend into the crowd that was forming in the gallery halls. Inspecting the pieces with a sharp artistic eye, he found them quite intriguing. There were a few simplistic paintings but the overall atmosphere seemed quite dark and somewhat morbid.

While perusing the gallery, something else caught his eye. And what a wonderful piece of art she was. (h/s) (h/c) hair, sparkling (e/c) eyes. He also took note of her (f/c) dress and brown boots, simple but cute. Her gaze was fixed on the large mural before them, but as if sensing eyes on her, that gaze then shifted to him. A soft blush appeared across Helen's face which caused the girl to let out a light giggle and send him a sweet smile before turning her eyes back to the painting. Helen took a deep breath and approached her slowly.

"Hi..." He whispered.

"Hello." She whispered back. There was silence for a moment before she spoke again. "It's lovely, isn't it?" She gestured to the mural.

"Y-eah," He blushed as his voice broke and cleared his throat, "yeah it is..." The girl let out a soft chuckle and turned to him.

"I'm (Y/N)." She smiled, holding out her hand.

"Helen." He responded with a small smile and shook her hand.

"It's a pleasure." (Y/N) grinned. "So are you enjoying the gallery?" She questioned.

"I am," Helen replied, regaining his composure. "The artwork clearly had a lot of thought put into it; and while it may be dark, I find it beautiful."

"Oh, I'm so glad you like it!" (Y/N) chirped whilst grabbing his hand again. "I worked so hard on these paintings and put so much care into them. I'm glad you can see it!"

Helen stepped back, shocked. "You're the artist?!"

(Y/N) nodded and smiled. "Yes, I'm (Y/N) (L/N)."

Helen's shocked expression turned to one of joy. "Well then, it really is a pleasure meeting the artist behind all these wonderful pieces, Miss (L/N)."

"J-just (Y/N) is fine..." She stuttered, a blush prominent on her face.

A small silence followed before (Y/N) coughed to clear it and started speaking. "You seem like an art lover yourself, Helen. Would you, perhaps, like to join me for a cup of coffee?" (Y/N) asked hopefully.

Helen sent her a soft smile. "I would love to." (Y/N)'s eyes gleamed with happiness at his response.

Helen held out his arm in a gentlemanly fashion. "Shall we?"

(Y/N) giggled and took his arm. "We shall~" She said with a smile, as Helen escorted her out of the gallery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N) Oh my god I'm still alive. Who would've guessed it. This is my first time doing a reader insert so I hope I didn't screw up too bad. Fun fact: I started with the girl looking like Mary from the game Ib before I changed it to a reader insert. (If you haven't played it you really should! Markiplier also did a let's play of it a long time ago.) I would love to get some feedback on this and if you want me to continue it, please comment. Or else I won't know.

Peace out!

~Katt~