It took about an hour. After we were done, Jiyoo's lips curved into a wide smile. She clapped her hands cutely. "Woah, you looked so cool!" She said, giving me two thumbs up.

"You did well, too. Thanks for taking this seriously." I said, smiling back at her.

"Aye, why wouldn't I? You took my project seriously too." She said handing me back the papers. "When is your mock trial? Can I watch?"

I zipped my bag after putting my things back inside. I turned to her wide eyed. "You will?"

She nodded. "Sure, if that's okay with you."

I looked at her for a while, thinking. "Then, this friday... you can come."

Jiyoo smiled in relief. "Really?"

I suppressed a smile. "Really."

"Woah, I'm so excited!" She exclaimed, "But first, come on, let's get something to eat."

🍂🍂

[[ JIYOO ]]

Changgu and I went to a restaurant nearby. I looked at him and smiled, "Order a lot! I got paid today." I said playfully.

As we waited for the food to arrive, we continued to talk about things. It's crazy to believe how we seem to never run out of things to talk about.

"How was your meeting with Hyunjoo?" He asked.

"It was great. She's really nice. Thank you for introducing me to her. But, how did you guys know each other?" I asked.

Bowls of ramyeon were served to us. "We were high school classmates," he replied. "She and I competed a lot in academics too."

"Woah, really? She's a genius too?"

He chuckled. "She was a pretty tough competitor. Anyway, we weren't really close, but my friend Hongseok started dating her but not even during high school. I think... it's the summer the year after that."

"Oh, right. I've met Hongseok-ssi. He seems like a good guy."

"You did? How?"

"He picked up Hyunjoo." I smiled down at my food. "They seem really in love, you know. It's the kind that you could feel just by looking at them."

"Yeah, they really are."

"By the way, I have a question. When you guys do mock trials, do you do it by script?"

"No, there's no script. We need to improvise. It's almost like a real trial. We do it to improve our skills in defense. Sometimes, there's even a real judge to watch our performance."

I put my chin in the palm of my hands and smiled at him. "Yeah, I could imagine you as a real lawyer some years from now."

He smiled as if shy, surprising me a bit. "Stop... looking at me like that." He said blinking.

I grinned. "Oops, sorry. But I do like the glasses on you."

He chuckled. "Stop it." His cheeks turning a tad bit pink.