"Tha-Thanks for the flowers," she finally spoke up to break the silence.

"No problem," Tom smiled, "I tried to include all your favorite flowers in them."

"They're beautiful," Kat smiled gratefully.

"You look beautiful," Tom commented as he turned to face her.

"Okay," she laughed, looking down, "I was okay with all the making me blush through our phone calls because you couldn't actually see me blush but now..."

"Now," Tom smiled, pushing her face upward to look at him, "Now I'm going to continue to do it because you look absolutely adorable when you blush."

Kat rolled her eyes playfully, avoiding his eyes which made her completely oblivious to their close proximity, which was good considering if she did, she would've definitely been a blushing mess.

Carter smirked as he emerged from her dressing room though, ignoring the fact that he was ruining their moment, "Get it Kit-Kat."

Kat rolled her eyes as she pulled away from Tom and walked towards Carter.

"Tom, meet one of my best friends- Carter."

"Nice to meet you mate," Carter smiled, shaking his hand while Kat walked into her room.

The two followed, Carter laying back on the couch, "Does this mean the sushi date you promised me is out?"

Tom looked towards Kat who chuckled as she set the flowers down, "I was really scared coming here so I basically had to bribe Carter to come with me."

"She's used to her sisters and other best friend being there for her, holding her hand."

"Seriously Carter?"

"What? It's the truth!"

Kat only rolled her eyes while Tom cleared his throat, "We don't have to go to this thing, you know?"

"But I want to," Kat quickly answered, only to blush yet again seeing the surprised look he gave her, "I just- I've never been and going with you sounds... it sounds amazing."

Tom smiled at her, "Great so... maybe we can go tonight? After your little sushi date with Carter."

"Yeah... or..."

Kat looked towards Carter who remained oblivious as he texted away on his cell.

He only looked up when silence overcame the room, looking up from his phone to see them both staring at him.

He sighed dramatically as he got up, holding his hand out, making Kat sigh deeply as she placed a twenty in his hand.

"Grazie Katalina," he said in a fake Italian accent, kissing her cheek quickly before leaving the room in a rush.

The second he left, Kat regretted sending him away and Tom could sense this almost immediately.

"You want to grab some lunch before we go to Disney?"

"Lu-Lunch sounds great," Kat smiled weakly, "Let me just go change-"

"What's wrong with what you're wearing?"

Kat looked down at her thigh high heeled jean boots and short dress.

"Wouldn't I be a little overdressed? Or underdressed?"

"No. You look great either way. Trust me- I wouldn't lie to you."

"Uh huh," Kat said slowly now grabbing her bag, "If my feet get tired you're giving me a piggyback ride."

"Deal."

"Thank god I wore shorts under this," she mumbled to herself before joining Tom, closing the door behind them.

They made it to the car in no time and before Kat knew it, she was seated in an upscale Chinese restaurant Tom swore by.

"Z first introduced me to this place," he explained as he pushed open the seat for her, "We all came to have dinner to celebrate the film here."

"Wow," Kat whispered as she looked around, "It really is a beautiful place."

"And the food is amazing," Tom chuckled as he sat down.

To anyone else in that restaurant, Tom and Kat were having their first date but to the pair, they spoke as if they had known each other their whole lives and as if this wasn't their first time meeting.

Although, Tom did learn a lot more about her and vise-versa.

"So you and your sisters- you all have names that typically start with C but your parents changed it to a K... why? To be like the Kardashians?"

"Oh never joke about that to them," Kat chuckled, "For so long they were scared I was going to be the Kim Kardashian of the family- my cousins called me that and they hated it."

"Why?"

Kat gave him a look, "They're traditional Latino parents."

"That explains it," Tom chuckled, "So wait. Why the K's?"

"My grandmothers from both sides- Kayla and Katherine. Both start with a K and both mean so much to my parents that they decided to pass their initials down to us."

"Wow."

"Yeah and actually, Catalina with a C was my grandmother's daughter who passed away when she was a baby's name. My mom's sister, so she gave that name to me."

"So your name has a lot of meaning in your family."

Kat nodded, "My abuela meant the world to me. She practically raised me, was my best friend. Everything I do, it's to make her proud. And I'd like to think she's very proud of me."

"I may not have known her but... I know she is."

Kat chuckled a bit, shaking her head as she looked down at her plate, "Please don't make me cry right now."

"Sorry," Tom mumbled, "But hey if you do cry, I can storm out like I ruined the date and they probably wouldn't make you pay."

Kat burst out laughing, making Tom chuckle, glad that he managed to change her mood.

Kat was grateful too as she looked at him, knowing then and there that this was someone she wanted in her life.

The way she smiled at Tom after quietly thanking him, he felt the exact same way.

There was no way these two were letting each other out of their lives anytime soon.

written: October 25, 2018
posted: December 25, 2018

MERRY CHRISTMAS!