:Chapter 16:

:Alex:

The borders were on lockdown. Some sort of snow creature had been spotted and my father ordered a lockdown on every border. Every warrior was deployed and the invasion activated. The ones who weren't fighting were put in the pack house.

Which had guards posted at it. 'And we stay here with Ice in the house as her loyal protector. Because Blizzard is almost positive it's the last assassins that are ambushing.' And they wouldn't care about the warriors. They had one target and that was Ice, and anyone who got in their way of her.

And we were in my bedroom with Isaac. I was in my wolf form. The dogs had been put up in the safety room in their crates with blankets drifted over them. Isaac was very alert right now as Ice sat on the floor next to me.

Her fingers pulled at my fur as a mean to comfort herself. 'So many things could happen at this moment in time as the assassins close in on us.' I went to the bulletproof enchanted windows and looked out. Blizzard lingered in the trees as a snow owl waiting for an ambush.

And my parents along with nine warriors stood outside with three scouts in the house. Scouts had basic training. One tracker was outside the door in her wolf form. The rest of them were holding up the borders and there was seven warriors and three trackers tracking down the assassin.

'They aren't engaging, I'm pretty sure they're leading them to us, well herding them for them to be finished off.' I was completely aware that my brothers were here as well with some at the pack house and some no doubt on their way to help fight. And I had no doubt that the hunters were in the midst.

As was Dalton. All the children were brought to the pack house and were put in the basement with the nannies and three warriors. I tucked myself more towards Ice while Isaac sat on the bed. "You ok?" Ice asked Isaac who nodded at that.

"Are you ok?" Isaac asked. "Yeah just nervous, but I know we'll make it out of it. They won't get through Blizzard or your parents. . . or Alex. Not even you." Ice said with a smile. I'm not sure how Ice managed to be this calm with children.

'Because if Isaac was older I'm sure she wouldn't be as a calm. But Isaac is special and needs that calm guiding hand that mom has and Ice seems to have to.' It was obvious at this time that Ice would make a perfect mother. That one day when we wanted kids Ice would be the perfect mother.

She was so calm natured and easy going to kids. And she was with Isaac constantly. I just had this feeling that Ice would be a great mother. Sure some who were good with kids were bad with their own but I just knew Ice wouldn't be that way.

'Ice is special, she's perfect and beautiful and kind. Exactly what we wanted in a mate. I don't even care that she is a dying species. All that matters is the love we had for each other.' And it would be a cold day in all of hell when they got Ice.

I nudged Ice and she smiled at me before cuddling up into me as Isaac put a blanket around him. Isaac was nervous and confused on what to do if the assassin was to break in. Isabella told him only to use his power in a life-or-death situation.

And the thought of being in that situation scared him. 'No one wants to be in that situation. But mark my words he won't be in that situation. They won't touch my mate or my brother.' Echo had become a protector at that moment. Not a Whitewolf protector.

But he vowed to keep his mate and brother safe. We may not be protectors like Nico and my mother, but we wouldn't allow these two in the room to come to any harm. And if they did the ones who harmed them would pay gravely for bringing them to harm.