Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 8

Start from the beginning

“Why don’t you go and ask Choji or Shikamaru or something?” he suggests, making Naruto’s face brighten.

“Yeah!” he cries, grinning broadly. “Shikamaru wouldn’t let me down! He’s a pretty good guy, when he’s not being totally lazy anyway.”

I shake my head.

“I don’t think asking Shika-kun is a good idea” I say carefully, not wanting to bring Naruto back down again. “He told me he’s in charge of the Chunin Exams this year, so he’s pretty busy.”

Naruto shrugs, already running down the road.

“It’ll be fine Ashley!” he calls, before disappearing around a corner.

I sigh, my shoulders drooping.

“He never listens” I mutter.

“Idiots never do” Kiba says wisely, reaching down and patting Akamaru’s head.

“You sometimes do” I tease, earning a playful glare from my Inuzuka.

Ha ha” Kiba says sarcastically. “You’re just so funny.”

“Thanks!” I say brightly, bumping him out of the way with my hip. “I try. And now…..”

I suddenly drop to my knees next to Akamaru and fling my arms around his neck.

“Hiya Akamaru!” I cry happily, cuddling his big, furry head delightedly. “I missed you!”

“Ruff!” he replies, just as delighted to see me. “Ruff ruff!”

I laugh, as Akamaru begins licking my face, tail wagging a million miles a second.

“Akamaru!” I giggle, as he knocks me over and crawls on top of me, still trying to lick me as I defend my face with my hands. “You’re too big to sit on me now!”

Kiba rolls his eyes good naturedly.

 "As happy as I am that you like her so much boy” he says dryly. “That’s my Angel, so you better stop licking her and get off!”

"Ruff…..” Akamaru sighs, getting to his feet and then helping me to mine.

I rough up the fur on his head affectionately, still giggling.

“I can’t believe how big he’s gotten” I say to Kiba, as Akamaru sits down beside him. “He’d almost be as big as Ace now.”

Kiba sends me a side long glance, his signature cheeky smirk on his face.