Chapter 13

Jake’s POV 

We have our first council meeting at 7 am on Tuesday. I’m not sure who decided that it would be a good idea to have it so early in the morning. I didn’t see Sam but she is often out before I leave. She says that she likes the peace and quiet and running in the morning but I think the actually reason is she doesn’t like to spend time in the house.

I walked into the Principal’s office and the secretary gestured for me to go in. Everyone else was there apart from Sam but I wasn’t really expecting her to turn up.

‘Coach for the football team says that Sam talked to him and he gives her permission to not attend these meetings and not be Vice President’ Mr Dixon said. I sighed but I guessed that she would try to get out of it. I don’t know why she doesn’t want to, it is an honour.

‘That means that we need to agree on a new Vice President’ he announced.

‘I suggest Matthew’ someone said.

‘I second that’ I called. I looked at Matthew and he smiled brightly.

‘That’s concludes that’ Mr Dixon said.

‘The first thing that we have decided on is homecoming and how we want to do it’ Mr Dixon said.

‘I think we should do a snow theme’ Jamie said.

‘No we do that every year. How about we do a theme with bright lights and neon colours?’ I suggested. Everyone agreed to that and I started to note down ideas. So far we had lights, colours and music theme which was pretty good for our first meeting. With five minutes left the door flew open and Sam walked in.

‘This is my papers of resignation. I wrote everything that you could think of’ she said dumping it in front of Mr Dixon. There was about four hundred pages. She walked out please with herself. I looked at the first page. In big writing it said she resigned. The next ones were the same. Mr Dixon sighed and shoved the pages to the side and dismissed us.

Sam was already in Health when I walked in. Mrs Wilson was standing at the front waiting for the bell to ring. The second it did she started to talk.

‘Today we are talking about true loves. If you believe in true loves go over to the right and if you don’t go to the left’ she said. I hesitantly walked to the right were most of the class. I do believe that there is someone out there that is meant to be yours which I guess is true love.

‘Sam you seem to be the only one that doesn’t believe in true love. Why is this?’ Mrs Wilson asked.

‘My Father and Mother never married and didn’t live together. He didn’t know he had two daughters until they were three. Then man that loved my Mother then murdered her in cold blood. Also they man that she loved cheated on her about ten timed with the same woman. I think that is a pretty good reason. And also it’s not like you meet someone and you magically fall in love when you first meet them. That is all a fantasy’ Sam smiled.