(1)

Depression. It's a virus that can infect anyone. Remi Toga was once a happy girl, but now talks and acts with a sense of sadness. She has a reason to be this way, though you don't need one. At 10 years old both parents were killed in a drunk-driving accident. Below the cold surface there's a kind person. No-one sees that part of her though. Not yet.

The short brunette lives in the heart of Tokyo, in a small apartment complex located in the middle of the city.

I wake up to the beeping of car horns, and roar of the daily crowd. Many people hate the noise, but it makes my place feel more like a home. Assorted decorations adorn my room. Matching the white comforter and wood accents. Mornings aren't my thing, but I try to make them as enjoyable as I can.

Today marks the first day of my second year at Nekoma High School. The miserable time of learning boring things and trying to avoid all the people who hate you, so basically the entire school. I'm in class 2, along with my childhood friend Fukunaga. He's on the Volleyball team and a comedy genius, he never tells his jokes or comments to anyone other then me though.

My phone vibrates on my nightstand, picking it up quickly I see Fukunaga's contact name staring at me.

Shy boi

you up ????

dead.exe

barely

whatcha doin ?

Shy boi

putting on my uniform

you ready for today ?

dead.exe

not at all

school is literal torture

shy boi

agreed

volleyball season is starting though

dead.exe

that's true

shy boi

walking together like normal I presume

dead.exe

you bet

shy boi

see you then Rem

dead.exe

seeya side-hoe

shy boi

we all know i'm your main chick ... you're to evil to get another friend

dead.exe

tru dat

Turning off my phone and tossing it aside I sister snatch my uniform and start putting it on. For this school year I've decided on low rise socks you can barely see. Slipping on my skirt and zipping it up, my alarm finally begins to ring. The one I own currently is complete garbage, but I don't have any money. So it's going to have to do.

"uniform ... check, now time to do my hair" I go over what I have to do in my head and exit my room.

Heading across my hall I enter the bathroom. Grabbing some ponytail holders I half-ass my hair and throw it into a bun.

The door to my apartment swings open with a bang "I HAVE ARRIVED TO SAVE THE DAMSEL IN DISTRESS" Fukunaga calls from the entrance.

"ooh my knight in shining armor~" you fake swoon.

Grabbing my bag off the kitchen counter the two of us head off. Foot steps matching up and wind tousling our hair.

"You mind if Kuroo joins us today Rem, he just moved in close by and wants to walk with us"

Kuroo is the new Captain of the Nekoma Volleyball team. Though that annoying confidence and smug attitude annoy me to death, we might as well be nice.

"nah, he can come. Where are we and Mr.Bedhead meeting up"

He quickly taps his phone, soon receiving a text "The park coming up"

"gucci"

Soon we spot the cat himself up ahead he turns to grin at us. "Thanks for letting me walk with you two... I hope i'm not a burden"

"me too... me too" I mutter.

"what was that Kitten" he purrs, hearing me mumble. Wrapping his arm around me he snuggles into my side.

"I said you might want to watch you and your big ego sir" Ducking beneath his arm I start trotting towards the school, leaving the two behind.

"See you in class Fuku" I call to my friend behind me.

Kuroo turns to Fukunaga interested "she's a joy isn't she"

The boy just rolls his eyes and starts to follow me "you're just annoying Captain"

With that he leaves the 3rd year who was currently fake pouting. Running to catch up with the girl.