"Titus, can you please calm down, You're scaring me."

His thick brows scrunched together and the rumble in his chest almost stopped completely, the sudden quiet was deafening.

"Titus, it's me, I need you."

That did it. His head snapped toward me, eyes still that terrifying gold, growls completely stopped. The minute the hands holding them down slacked up enough, he was on his own feet and had me clutched to his chest and clinging to him like a koala before he ran full speed from the room. He burst into the room that we slept in and slammed the door. Instead of dropping me on the bed he climbed up himself with me still in his arms as he settled us on our sides with no space between us. He clutched me impossibly close to his chest.

"I'll never let him get to you. You're mine."

"Yours."

He let out almost a purr of contentment and he nuzzled his face into my hair. We sat that way for about an hour before anyone spoke again. His grip loosened up on me but he didn't move away to allow any space between us.

"I'm sorry I scared you." It was barely a whisper, he sounded exhausted.

"It's okay, you didn't mean to."

And that was the truth, I wasn't upset or even afraid.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that."

I was curious, but I was unsure if now was a good time.

"What happened?"

"It's nothing for you to worry about doll."

"It didn't seem that way."

I pulled away from his embrace but stayed within his reach as I pushed myself into a sitting position and pulled my knees to my chest so that I could see him. He looked on in confusion.

"C- can I tell you something?"

He nodded.

"Before I woke up, the last time, I heard a woman's voice speaking to me she told me that it was time for me to rise to my title and that it was up to me to avenge myself and that this is my battle to win. I was sure that I wasn't ready to do that but someone close to me just got hurt and I'm out of time, this war is here and this is my war to win but I can't do that if everyone continues to treat me with kid gloves. I know you all are helping me recover but it's time for me to fight my own battles for once and protect those that have protected me. In order for me to do this I need you and everyone else to be honest with me and to not keep things from me. I can't do this alone."

I couldn't believe that I had just done that but despite the slight fear of his retaliation I knew that it was something that had to be done. I was tired of Tony ruining my life every chance he got, he was hurting my friends now and that was my breaking point.

He studied me, his face lacking any discernable expression. A minute or so passed before he spoke.

"Every bone in my body is begging me to lock you in another room until I fix this problem myself. But I won't do that because I know you're right, this is your battle but I'll be damned if I let you go alone so I'm in."

"Really?"

His mouth turned up into a hint of a smile.

"Really, it's amazing that you want to fight back and defend yourself I'd be an idiot if I tried to stop you from being the one who ends this. Just tell me what you need."

The only way to describe the feeling growing inside me would be excitement.

He's really going to let me do this, he's letting me choose.

"Elder Delaney said that neither Avery nor regular pack members being poisoned by wolfs bane is reason enough to close the borders, then he suggested that I hand you over to Tony, he called you a whore once I told him what he did to you, that's when I lost my temper."

My facial expression must have given away my thoughts because a large, warm hand enveloped my hand.

"I'll never give you up so don't you worry about that."

**

"No, absolutely not, fuck that!"

"But-"

"No Amina! Those bastards are not allowed in my territory I don't give a fuck that they want to help."

"But they're offering to help."

"I don't give a fuck what they're offering Amina, those people are the reason all of this is happening! If they truly gave a fuck about you they would have never put you in this position in the first place!"

"They can help Titus. They're my family."

"Your fucking family threw you out like garbage because it suited them if they were any kind of real family they wouldn't have allowed their kid to go to a random alpha because they were being greedy bastards, they aren't your family!"

That hurt.

"I know they hurt me but you said that you would help me and we need them, I need them here, please."

We had been going back and forth for a while now. With the help of Titus and a few of his trusted men we had come up with some plans to locate Tony but we were hitting a dead end when I suggested contacting my family with the hopes that they might have some information. I found a way to contact them without Titus' knowledge and they had agreed and extended their help after an emotional talk with my parents. The room chad cleared out once Titus threw the conference table across the room once I admitted to getting in contact with my family. He obviously didn't take the news well. I could only imagine how he would take the news that I had already invited them and that they would arrive on the borders tomorrow afternoon. I had to get him calmed quickly.

I walked slowly over to him and reached for his hands which he allowed me to grip.

"Titus please I ju- don't you think I deserve a family?"

This was hitting below the belt but I knew that it needed to be done. It also wasn't completely false, though I had never mentioned this aloud, I really did want another chance at having a family even though I had yet to forgive my own.

His eyes snapped down to me.

"I'm your family Amina."

"I know but I have parents and siblings, I've never had something like that before so please don't take this away from me."

I saw his decision wavering as he looked down at me. He placed a calloused hand gently on my cheek.

"Is that what you want? A second chance at having a family with parents and siblings?"

I nodded.

"Okay."

I looked up, shocked that he had agreed.

"What?"

"It wouldn't be fair of m to take this away from you, I made you a promise to keep you happy and if this is something that would make you happy then I'll do it. You deserve a family, even if I don't approve of them."

I released his hand and wrapped my arms around him instead and he pulled me close and placed a kiss to my forehead. We had a long ways to go but somehow I knew that things would be okay.

"Titus?"

"Yeah doll?"

"They're already on their way."

I felt his body stiffen up but relaxed after a deep sigh.

"You're a menace. I'll have their rooms prepared." But the slight rumble that vibrated through his chest assured me that he wasn't angry and for that I was glad.

I wish I had known how things would change.