Chapter Ten: Fear

Start from the beginning

I smiled at her reassuringly. After that serious conversation which gave my heart a hope, we went home and agreed to watch movie.
Naghahanap parin si Chances ng papanoorin namin nang makabalik ako sa kwarto mula sa paggawa ng popcorn. She suggested that we watch it in the room so that is why we are here.

"Ano ba'ng gusto mong panoorin?"Tanong niya sa'kin.

"Babe, hindi ka mahilig sa Sci-fi, action at lalong-lalo na sa horror. You just like romantic movies."

"Really? Alright, how about we'll have the first movie we watched together?"

"Always the genius."I commented. "That's so brilliant. Let's have Midnight Sun then."

"I love that movie."Nakangiting wika niya.

"Iyak ka ng iyak nang panoorin mo 'yon."

"Sa tingin ko, mas maiiyak ako ngayon."

"Iyakin ka din talaga kasi babe."

"Hindi ah! I'm a strong woman. I'm not easily threatened by anything or by anyone."

"Yes, you are strong. But it doesn't mean that you no longer are when you cry."

She rolled her eyeballs.

"Well, that's agreed. Halika na."Nakangiting yaya niya. She moved a bit to make space for me. I was about to join her on the bed; however, continuous knocks on the door stopped me.

"Are you expecting a visitor?"She asked.

"No."

"Baka naman, yaya ng mga anak mo—"

Damn. Si Mirana! This could be Mirana! I pinged mom about me not coming home. I requested her to look after my children while I'm away.
But Mirana doesn't know.

"Why won't you go and check?"She asked when I was frozen on the seat.

Well, mas mabuting makita niya si Chances para maniwala na siyang hindi ako nagha-hallucinate lang dahil sa sobrang pangungulila.

"It could be my bestfriend."I informed her.

"What? Do you think it's good for her to see me?"

"I guess so. She's my bestfriend."I answered. "Baka may maalala ka kapag nagkita kayo ulit."

"Alright, then."

Hindi nga ako nagkamali. Si Mirana nga. And as expected, galit na naman siya. Tama akong nandito siya para sermonan na naman ako.

"Why are you not answering your phone?"

"Nana, hindi ko sinadyang maiwan sa bahay."Pasimpleng sagot ko rito.

"Kailan ka ba titigil ha? Isipin mo naman si Chance, si Zac! Lagi ka nilang hinahanap. Naiisip mo man lang ba 'yan?"

"Well, I'm happy that you're here. Baka ngayon Nana, maiintindihan mo naman ako. Hindi ako nagkakaganito dahil sarili ko lang ang iniisip ko. I'm doing this for my kids. Halika."

Hinigit ko siya papunta sa kwarto pero wala roon si Chances. I checked the living area, the theater room, the kitchen and even the bathrooms. But she was nowhere. She was just with me a few minutes ago! She is real! But wherr is she now?

"Ano? What are you looking for Zacchary?"

"Chances! Chances!"I called out, ignoring Mirana's question. No. Chances is here! "Chances! Chan—"

"Zacchy, tama na! Alam mo..."She cried. "Kung hindi kita kaibigan, iisipin kong nababaliw ka na."

"Nana, maniwala ka naman sa'kin o."I pleaded. "You're my bestfriend. I need you to believe me. She was here. She was with me, Nana."