03; bed

I wake up and see a fluorescent light hanging above me

I wake up and see a fluorescent light hanging above me. It didn't look like a normal fluorescent light. It glowed in a soft green hue, reminding me of a hospital's.

Wait.

I rise from where I am, realizing it's a bed. I feel slightly sore and am tempted to fall back onto bed and pass out again. But I'm determined to find out why I'm in a hospital and what happened after I passed out. The last thing I remember is that I was in the ocean with Jaehyun.

Jaehyun.

I turn to my left and to my right, trying to find where he was located. But all I see are people I didn't recognized. They look familiar, probably the others from the ship.

"Oh, you're awake," a nurse says as she approaches my bed. "Are you feeling any better?"

"I think so?" I answer. "What happened? How did I get here?"

"The cruise ship you were on caught fire," the nurse fills me in as she readjusts my IV, "you're lucky enough to survive."

"Ah, right," I say, chuckling to lighten up the mood. "Do you know where Jung Jaehyun is located? I don't see him anywhere here."

"Jung Jaehyun?" She takes a second to think before she shakes her head. "No, sorry. I don't know. But you can ask the front desk."

"Oh, okay," I say. "Thanks."

"Sorry miss, we don't have any patients named Jung Jaehyun here," the woman at the front desk tells me, sending me a sorry look

That's odd. Did he not make it to the hospital? 

"Oh. Okay. How about Choi Junhyeon and Kim Taeri?" I ask. I haven't been able to see my parents yet.

The woman checks the computer perch on her desk and after a few clicks, she informs me, "Nothing either, miss. I'm sorry. Not all of the people from the cruise made it to the hospital. Some are still lost at sea. Don't worry. People are doing their best to find the others."