Holly

I watched the clock in anticipation. The seconds seemed to last minutes. Minutes seemed to last hours. Groaning, I laid my head next to the slate grey cash register. There had been barely any customers that day, and the alone time was starting to get to me. My head was filled with thoughts of how badly I could mess up this whole mentor thing.

“What if they hate me?” I worried to myself as I rolled my head to face the other way. “Ohh. What if they think I'm a joke?” I groaned again, letting my body slump to the dirty floor. I looked at the dirt on my fingers, suddenly feeling exhausted. “Why did I agree to this?” I flopped haphazardly on my side, letting my hair fall into my face. “You understand don't you?” I crawled to a small potted Holly plant. “Oh, don't look at me like that.” I laid on my belly, resting my head on my arms. The Holly seemed to scowl me, telling me to have hope. “You're right. It can't be that bad, right?” I reached out petting the the small leaves. Using my quirk I quietly coaxed the Holly to bloom. The small off white flowers brought a smile to my face. “The Holly flower symbolizes hope.” I thought aloud, remembering my grandmother teaching me the different flowers. “Honestly,” I scowled at myself. “What am I doing?” I sat up resting my back against a wooden pillar, brushing the dirt off of my apron. A long sigh slipped through my lips as I stared at the slow clock hands. “This is torture.” It was so quiet, the only sound that filled the air was the tick tick ticking if the clock hands.

Hi guys, Min Seo here. I want to apologise for the short part. I know it's a little rushed. From now on the chapters will be released on a weekly basis. Please look forward to longer and better parts in the future.