Begonias

I stared out the window as my fingers drummed against the marble countertop, impatiently. The street lights glared against the glass display windows that lined the front of my shop. I glanced hesitantly at the clock on the wall above the front entrance. 10:00 P.M.. I sighed, resting my palms on the counter. "I guess he isn't coming." my voice sounded less disappointed that I felt. Reluctantly I made my way through the front door, locking up behind me. I quickly looked up and down the street hoping to see him, but to my dismay, there was no one. Disappointed, I made my way up the stairs to my apartment above the shop. Flicking the lights on I stared at the unlocked boxes that were stuffed in the corner of the empty room, next to my lazily folded futon. Setting my keys on the small table in front of my kitchenette, I began to strip, making my way towards the bathroom. I turned on the shower, leaving my dirty clothes in a heap in the corner. The warm water felt like heaven as it washed the grime away. As I washed up with my (fav/fruit) scented shampoo, I couldn't help but think back to Almights visit and his hurt expression. As much as I still felt bad, I could feel the blush beginning to form in my cheeks. We had known each other since we were kids. I used to live next door to him. I had had a crush on him for almost as long. I sighed, turning off the water. I didn't feel like soaking in the bath, I was to tired. After drying off with a towel, I gingerly wrapped myself in a bathrobe. The soft fabric felt warm against my bare skin. I was just walking into the kitchen, when I heard a loud knock on my door. I glanced at the clock. 11:30 P.M.. "Who would be at my door so late at night" I thought nervously as I approached the door. "Hello?" I asked as I peeked through the door.

"Hey. Sorry about the hour. May I come in?" Almight's blonde hair glimmered in the moonlight. I was a little surprised, but mostly I was glad that he had showed up after all.

"Sure." I said trying not to sound too excited. "Come in." I swung the door open, forgetting that I was just wearing a bathrobe. Almight's face turned a bright red colour that reminded me of a little of a red begonia.

"Um (y/n), are you going to put some more appropriate clothing on?" My cheeks heated as it suddenly dawned on me that I was practically naked. Leaving the door open I ran to my futon and wrapped myself is a thick comforter.

"Sorry!" I called from the pile of fabric. "You may come in now." I slowly inched toward the small table in the middle of my one room apartment. Almight sat across from me still red In the face. I propped myself up on my elbow, struggling to stay up while wrapped in the thick fabric. "Sorry " I repeated sheepishly. "Was there something in particular you want to talk about?" I asked hoping to change the subject. Almight's head snapped to attention.

"Actually. I need your help on something." His face was no longer red, instead he had a very serious expression. "You see, I was late because I had to attend a last minute meeting with some students and the principal. These students just won't get along. They fight a lot and always manage to drag this other student into it. I know this is a weird request, but I was wondering if they could work here, under you, after school." He looked at me hopefully. I couldn't say no to a face like that.

"Well." I tried to sound like I was thinking it over. "I guess I could use the help." I smiled seeing his face light up. " But, toshinori-san, you have to promise me that they won't damage anything." I folded my arms, trying to convey how serious I was. " Don't worry about that. I'll be supervising them everyday." My heart skipped a beat. Everyday? Did that mean that he would be at my shop every day? I could feel the large grin splitting my face. " Ah. I should be going. I'll show up with the students, tomorrow at 6:00 P.M.. You should get some rest. They can be a handful." I smiled nodding.

"Alright. Goodnight Toshinori-san." I rolled myself back over to my futon and smiled as I heard a soft chuckle as Almight switched off the lights and walked out the door. As soon as he was gone I could feel sleep weighing on my eyelids. It had been a long day and I knew the next would be even longer. Slowly I slipped into a dream about (fav/food)