Red Roses

I let out a tired sigh as I finished wrapping a dozen red roses.  My shop had just opened and there was so much I still had to do.

“Here you go sir.” I smiled as I handed the handsome man his flowers. “I'm sure she'll love them.” The man chuckled softly, as he checked the flowers carefully.

“I hope so.” He smiled, satisfied with the flowers condition. “Thanks (L/N)-san.”

“Have a nice day.” I called after him as he disappeared through the door.  “Alright.” I said to myself before pulling on my apron and picking up my metal watering can. “Good morning everyone! Let's work hard today ok?” I spoke to the many flowers before activating my quirk, photosynthesis. I smiled as the delicate petals perked up and became more vibrant. As I watered the flowers, I closed my eyes listening to to he pitter patter of the water dancing across the petals. My (E/C) eyes snapped open as the small bell over the door jingled.

“Hello?” I smiled, recognizing the voice, and the retired hero it belonged to.

“Toshinori-san? What brings you here?” I smiled at the frail looking man.

He smiled sweetly at me. “ Your mom called me and asked me to check up on you. Why didn't you tell me you were moving locations?” God dammit mom! She knew how I felt about him.

“I guess it just didn't cross my mind. Besides I knew you must have been busy with your students, and all the reporters” pain flashed in his blue eyes. My body stiffened, remembering the viral clip of him deflating on the news. “Ah sorry. I didn't mean to bring that up.” I looked at my feet.

“No, it's fine.” He scratched his head thoughtfully. The silence stretched on awkwardly for a few minutes. “It's really ok, (Y/N).” I was a little surprised to hear him say my first name. But it made me happy to hear it. “look. I gotta go now. School starts soon and I have an early meeting. I'll stop by on the way home. Ok? I'll see you later.” with that, he left me standing in the middle of my shop. I could feel the heat crawl up my face and settle Into my cheeks. “Ah! What's wrong  with me?” I cupped my face in my hands as I sunk to my knees. My (H/C) hair falling into my eyes. I could already tell it was going to be a long day