"It was just sex. Nothing romantic like I can already see you imagining."

"Uh huh... you harbor no feelings for that boy?"

"No."

"She harbors feeling for another average white boy," Alex smiled, showing her phone to Charles who quickly grabbed it so he could inspect the photo.

"He is cute. I can definitely see why you like him- completely your type."

"White guy with brown hair, you mean?"

"Does this mean she has had sex with Carter?"

"Ew!" both girls gasped, startling Charles.

"What? He is very handsome too!"

"No, Charles. Carter is like an annoying brother- nothing else."

"Uh huh. So is this new kid really not your boyfriend?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"She's too chicken shit to do anything about it."

"Okay we both know you can call me a chicken all you want, I will not be tricked into doing what you want me to do."

"Okay but you want it to so- I don't get it but whatever."

"Can we just- can we get back to this photoshoot please?"

Before Charles could even lift the camera again, Kat's phone began ringing, making her immediately leave the backdrop.

"Katalina!"

Alex laughed, "Tom's phonecalls always come first Charlie- don't feel so bad."

"I- how do you know it's Tom?" Kat asked, digging through her bag.

She didn't know it was him- she hoped it was but it probably wasn't.

Her theory was proven right when an unknown number came on the screen.

Alex could see the disappointment in Kat's face, "It's not him, is it?"

"It's an unknown number... from California."

"Ooo. Answer!"

Both Alex and Charles were intrigued as they joined Kat who slowly answered the call.

"Um... hello?"

"Kat! Hi!"

"E-Ellen?"

"The one and only."

"Hi- what- how?"

"I asked your people for your number," Ellen chuckled at her nervousness.

"S-So this is your own personal number?"

"It is. Now don't go around giving my number."

"I won't... I may call you from time to time though."

Ellen laughed, "That is completely okay with me."

"Okay. Trying not to freak out here."

"I'll cut straight to it then before you catch a heart attack. I want you back on my show."

"Back? You want me back?"

"Yes! Your last appearance was such a hit! Plus, you're a lovely girl. I'd love to have to back."

"Of course! I- when?"

"In two days?"

"I'm sorry. What?"

"All my other slots are filled but I want you here this week."

Kat looked at Alex nervously, "But I... why would you want me back so soon?"

"Like I said, I miss you. Plus, I feel bad for embarrassing you the first time around and I wanted to make it up to you."

"How?"

Ellen laughed, "Let's keep that a surprise for now. But what do you say Kat? Will you come back?"

Both Alex and Charles were mouthing yes but Kat still felt unsure, knowing the main reason she wanted her back on was probably to talk about Tom.

Still not getting an answer, Ellen decided to add, "Did I forget to mention that this is an all expenses paid for trip?"

"She'll do it!" Alex exclaimed, taking the phone from her.

Charles was quick to hold Kat back before she could fight her for it.

"Don't you worry, Ellen. I'll get her there."

With that Alex hug up, leaving Kat to look at her helplessly.

"What did you do?"

"Your flight leaves tomorrow. She said to pack casual wear too."

Kat groaned as she got out of Charles' grip and went straight to the dressing room.

Alex followed, "What is the big deal about this anyway?"

"I just... I don't want to scare him away with all the talking I've been doing about him."

"You've only been on Ellen to talk about him."

"And now I'm about to go back so she can press me about him again."

"You don't know that."

"She's flying me out to get me back on her show, obviously she wants to do something regarding him."

Alex shrugged, stuffing her hands in her pockets, "Well you already told him about your obsessive past, I don't think anything else can scare him away."

Kat only nodded, now deep in thought when a thought suddenly popped into Alex's head.

"Wait. Have you told him about everything everything? Like your fanfics. That you wrote them and stuff?"

"That is still unconfirmed."

"Oh please, fans have found your old account, ya know?"

"Again, that is unconfirmed. And why would I tell him that? So he can be freaked out and drop me faster than you can say Spider-man?"

"Or he'll be like: that's so cute! I always wanted to be with a fan."

"Shit like that only happens in fan-fiction. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop."

"Oh shut up and let's just get this photoshoot over with so I can get you ready for Ellen."

written: October 24, 2018
posted: December 18, 2018

***will proofread again when I get home, wanted to get this out sooner though.