Rejection not acception

Cecilia's p.o.v

'Hey hun.' Sky said gently as she sat at the edge of my bed. I have to hand it to her she has become a great Luna she was sensitive to our feelings and she cared she didn't ask us for anything but loyalty and honesty but she gave the pack everything.

'Hey.' I replied forcing my voice to sound normal.

'What's wrong cece? Why are you crying?' She asked me frowning She cocked her head to the side.

'Nothing really I just miss my family.' I said sadly and it was true my parents died less than 3 months ago.

'So it has nothing to do with you finding your mate?' She asked me.

'I have been feeling down and I guess the intensity got me a little emotional.' I said forcing a small smile. She seemed pleased with what I said as the worry etched into her face faded away.

'Oh I understand that completely. When I found out I was Luke's mate I was an emotional roller coaster.' She laughed lightly as she stood off the bed.

'If you need to talk I'm here I'll always have an open ear no matter what you have to say okay?' She asked.

'Ok Luna.' I answered.

'Hey no luna business I'm just Sky.' She stated pretending to scold me.

She started moving towards the door but I stopped her before she could step through it.

'Sky.' I called her name getting her attention once again.

'Yes?' She asked turning to me.

'My mate. What's his name?' I ask her quietly.

'Oh.' She says. ' It's Daniel Hawthorne he's our third in command. But we just call him Danny. He's 18 and he's a great guy cece he has always been a flirt but he's never been a womanizer or rude.He's the perfect mate for you.' She said he good byes and walked out of the library closing my door.

I stayed there sitting on the bench staring at the pale ceiling for what seemed like hours wishing the bed would swallow me whole.

What am I supposed to do? Do I sacrifice my brother for my mate or do I sacrifice my other half for my brother? I don't know what to do. I want to be with my mate but I'm betraying him I'm gonna be the reason his Luna dies. But I have to protect my little brother I promised I would.

What am I doing there's no question no decision to be made about what I do. I choose my little brother.

'Or you could choose both and tell them the truth. They will help.'
My wolf said to me interrupting my thoughts.

'And what if they don't what if they kill me then what I'll be leaving my brother at the mercy of rogues. What if they raise him to be like them or worse what if they kill him. He's to young.' I reply to her.

'He may be young but his wolf is not a wolf never dies it is reborn to help guide another moon child through life. Trust in what I'm saying to you child.' She sighs in my head.

'I know what I have to do.' I sighed as I got up and left my room in search of my mate.

I followed his scent to the living room he smelled like fresh baked bread and cinnamon. It was a delicious smell and it made me slightly hungry.

I watched him for a moment as he sat on the floor with the pups watching Scooby-Doo. It was such an adorable sight would he be like this with our pups.

'Daniel.' I said quietly getting only his attention. His head whipped in my direction his eyes flicked between irritated and wanting. I watched as he stood and walked slowly over to me. I let my eyes wander his body Goddess he was perfect lean but not to skinny, his body was well toned I could only imagine what he looked like without out a shirt.

'Keep staring at me like that and I'll take you to my room now.' He said his voice deep and thick with lust.

'Can we talk?' I asked not looked him in the eye.

He turned around and walked out the door wanting me to follow. He took us to a meadow in the woods with a bench and a small pond. We both sat down. The tension could be cut with a knife it was so thick it was suffocating. I sat there fiddling with my fingers more nervous than I have ever been.

'What's your name?' He asked me his eyes never leaving my face.

'Cecilia but everyone calls me cece.' I answered. And we fell into a comfortable silence.

'Danny.' I said my voice disturbing the peace.

'Yea.' He said his mind was elsewhere. I took a deep breath and turned to face him.

'I Cecilia Dawson reject you Daniel Hawthorne. ' I held my chest the pain was horrible. I heard his sharp intake as he looked at me completely helpless tears in his eyes he felt it to he felt this pain.

'I'm sorry .' I whispered teary eyed but the only response I got was when he transformed into his wolf running further into the woods. Not much later I heard a heart broken howl filled with so much pain I couldn't help but break down and release the tears I withheld.

Now to tell the alpha.

~~~Back at the pack house ~~~

Skylars p.o.v

I was talking to Luke we were planning on having a ceremony tomorrow to let cece become an official pack member when we heard the most heart broken howl that could only come from a wolf who lost his mate. It filled me with pain knowing that one of my pack members didn't have their mate.

A knock on the door brought me out of my depressed thoughts.

'Enter.' Luke's voice boomed.

A very nervous Cecilia entered the office. She looked a mess her hair was wild her nose was red and her eyes looked swollen. She looked broken.

'You rejected him.' I voiced my suspicions aloud.

She only nodded. Poor thing. I know that they both must be in a lot of pain.

' We were just talking about you and the ceremony to make you an official pack member .' Luke said trying to change the subject.

'I'm sorry alpha but I can't join your pack.' She said quietly as she handed me a note.

Luke looked at me waiting for me to tell him what was going on.

'I'm so so sorry to you both but we are being listened to as we speak it's not safe I have something to confess but for the safety of my little brother I can't say it now for fear he will be killed. ' I gasped as I read the words scrawled on the paper before handing it to Luke. A few moments later he growled stood up walked and towards her. He nodded his head at her and grabbed her forearm dragging her out the room. As we made our way to the conference room ,the only sound proof room at the pack house,we received many curious looks.

'Alpha is everything alright .' Toby asked coming up to us taking in the scene before him.

'Yes everything is under control. Cece here has rejected her mate and her wolf is a little too on edge considering the way she spoke to our Luna.' Luke calmly lied through his teeth. And I just nodded in agreement.

Toby's eyes bounced between the three of us before he nodded his head. ' If she becomes a liability or danger to us or our Luna don't hesitate to call alpha.And if I were you rogue I would learn to respect our Luna.' He warned her threateningly before walking off to where ever it is he goes.

We walk into the small conference room and wait for cece to talk.
She looks around nervously I can tell that what she has to say won't be good and I tried to prepare myself.

But nothing could prepare us for what we were gonna hear.