01; start

MIYOON

MIYOON

I awake to my head feeling dizzy and I start to wonder if I accidentally drank at last night's teens party. But all those thoughts drowned when after a few seconds, I feel fine and light.

The party last night was crazy—filled with teens and circles of friends I was not part of. I knew some of them but it wasn't enough to hangout with them for the duration of the whole night. I remember slipping out of the party room and out to the deck. It was quieter on the deck and no one else was around, so instead of mingling and having small talks with acquaintances, I stayed out there.

I catch my reflection on the mirror in my small room and gasp. Wow, I didn't know I look that horrible. It's best to take a shower right now and freshen up. I'm sure my parents would be glad to find out what I did at the teens party last night. Oh yeah, I wasn't there most of the times anyway. But there was no way I'm going to skip free breakfast. It's getting late and breakfast only serves until 11am.

My head surges in pain once again. Maybe I did have a drink or two last night, but by accident. There are no other explanations for this horrible headache I have right now. Nothing a warm cup of milk won't resolve though.

I open my room door after getting ready. I simply threw on a yellow embroidered shirt and some faded blue jeans today. I'm not feeling too fashionable. If anything, I'm kind of feeling lazy this morning.

The ship sway to the side, making me lose balance and slam to the wall in this hallway. It isn't like I expect this journey to be a smooth sailing one. A three days trip around the sea before returning back to the Seoul Port, that's it. It's a good thing we got these tickets for free or we would've wasted money on a not-so-fun cruise ship.

“There you are!” I heard a voice say once I step up on deck. It's my mom. “You took too long to get ready.”

“Sorry,” I apologize. It isn't my fault my sleep was great. “Where's Dad?”

“In the dinning hall,” she answers, guiding me to the stairs that'll lead us to the dinning hall. Up on the second floor of the ship locates the other amenities like the function halls, restaurants, lounges, arcades, bars and casinos. The deck is where the swimming pool is located. “So, how was last night?”

“Great,” I answer through gritted teeth. It isn't a total lie. It was nice to stare at the stars alone.

“Met anyone?” Mom teases.

I look at her. “Is that why you asked me to go?”

“Of course not. You're eighteen, Choi Miyoon. You should be enjoying your youth,” Mom lectures as she swings the door to the dinning hall open. Here, I could smell different types of cuisines. Even better? They offer it in an all you can eat buffet. “But it doesn't hurt for you to find someone.”

I am shocked with my own mother. Normally, moms would be the type to reprimand their daughters from dating at such a young age. Dads are even worst. But my own mom is trying to set me up right here, right now. Isn't that crazy?