chapter six

Chapter six

Miranda's POV

Laura! Oh my God Laura! What the heck happened to her, why!?! WHY!?!

I saw Laura lying feebly in my bathtub, her arm laid over the edge of the tub, with her hair covering her pretty little face. I scanned her body, stopping at the huge knife in her chest, with blood all over her body. Tears welled up in my eyes. How could anyone do this to her!?! She was so amazing and kinda and sweet and so caring, why! My knees collapsed under me, making me drop to my knees. I heard footsteps move behind me. My mom started crying along with me, and my father gasped, and pulled her close.

I felt warm strong arms wrap around me. I turned around and cried in Brandon's shoulder, I can't bare to look at Laura, and in my own house... what will I do without her, my best friend?

Gut wrenching sobs seemed to flow out of me like a waterfall, and speaking of waterfalls, I was crying out buckets of tears by the minute. Brandon combed his fingers through his hair, nestling my head into his neck more. I cried, all I know is that I cried, I don't know how long, and how hard but I cried, cried like a baby. Laura was my first friend ever, I was pretty much a loser until she came along and brightened my life in grade eight. I have nothing to say or do but to cry in Brandon's arms. The sound of sirens echoed in my ear, and bright blue and red lights flashed in front of my closed eye lids. I heard gasps from a police women, who bent down besides me and tapped my shoulder. "Hi sweetie, I know this is terrible to happen to your best friend, but you need to tell me what you know." she said, care and love just flowed out of her voice. I opened my eyes to see a short olive skin police women who's features were so delicate that not even Leonardo Divinci could paint her. Her eyes are obsidian black, along with her hair. But her eyes, they had something to them, it's like I could see right into her soul, and that I was open to it. Her cheeks flushed, just barely and she gave me a huge grin, flashing a set of pearly whites. I wiped my cheeks off and felt heat rush to my face as if the sun suddenly decide to burn my face. "What's your name sweetie?" she asked, rubbing my arm up and down to comfort me. Brandon's arms loosened around me, and he embraced my one hand to help me get up. Brandon's white shirt was ruffled in all sorts of places, making me embarrassed for her to see me, she's just so... pretty! "My name's Miranda" I said trying to steady my voice, but I bet it came out as a sort of whimper.

"It's good to meet you, my name is officer Smith," she wrote down my name on a small black note pad, then tucked it away in one of many pockets on her jacket. "Can you please tell me what happened?" she asked, putting her arm lightly around me and bringing me down stairs to the living room.

A few police officers were talking with my parents and Jason, writing down every word on their black note pads. Officer Smith sat me down on the couch and wrapped a black around, thankfully. A rush of cold wind came in through the open door. Can they please close it, we have to pay for heating you know...

I sat confused and daze on the couch, pulling my legs up to my chest, and wrapping the black around my body so that my face would be the only body part visible. Brandon came out of the kitchen with two steaming hot cups of hot chocolate. He was still only wearing his boxers, showing his muscled chest and six pack abs glisten in the moonlight. I rolled my eyes, knowing he was just showing off for me. He only had those muscles because he was a black belt in karate. He gave me the coffee, before taking a seat besides me and hanging an arm over my shoulder. I leaned my head on his shoulder and sipped the coffee, feeling the hot liquid travel down my throat. I inhaled the scent letting the caffeine wash over my numb body and let my mind forget of what has happened.

"So tell me what happened," Officer smith said clicking her pen repeatedly. I sniffled, trying to unclog my nose. I nestled into Brandon's shoulder and began talking. "She was at my party in the afternoon yesterday, we were suppose to have a sleepover tonight, but I couldn't find her at the party, so I just stayed in my room with Brandon and watched some movies," I said sipping some more hot coffee. "hmmmm," officer smith mumbled. "I'm going to go back to the station and try to piece together some of the stuff your family said," she said, her voice was strong and sad. "ok," I said, closing my eyes again, listening to the whispering of people around my house, and feeling the gazes of the police and my family as they past by, patting me on the shoulder or whispering everything will be okay, before they left.

Why did it have to happen to her, I miss her so much already. Tears flowing down my cheek, and soaked my shirt, I cried for a long time, somewhere in the middle I felt Brandon slither his arm under my legs and around my waist and lifted me up. He settled me down on my bed and took the cup of Joe from my hands before kissing my head before whispering "Sweet dreams baby, ill be here in the morning,." I sighed and squeezed my eyes a little more, squirming around until I was in a small ball, wrapping my arms around my legs. I let out a deep breath and drifted into a a deep sleep.