Chapter 36 - From A Fellow Stubborn Individual To Another

"Qing Qing~"

"Y-yes, Young Miss!" 

Feng Yao turned around and noticed that Bai Qing's face was pale in fear.

Hmm? Oh, I see.

She must be terrified of being silenced after this event. After all, this was something that no servant was supposed to see.

Finally realizing what was wrong, Feng Yao laughed and patted Bai Qing's head.

"Don't worry. As long as you don't mention this event to any of the other maids, Ru Qiang won't come after you. Believe it or not, he's actually a pretty nice guy."

Bai Qing quickly nodded, her eyes still wide with shock. 

Perhaps the realization that the Young Master that everyone in the Jun Estate made fun of was actually someone who could casually come back covered in blood was too much for her mind to process.

Deciding to switch the topic, Feng Yao allowed for a smile to appear on her face. "Come on, let's make a quick stop to the Winter Garden first."

When they finally reached the inner courtyard of the Winter Garden and made their way inside of Feng Yao's residence, Bai Qing seemed to have finally calmed down. 

"Young Miss, weren't you going to visit the Young Master?"

"Mhm, I just wanted to pick something up before heading over there."

Feng Yao answered as she headed over towards the table with her dried flowers still on them. Scanning her gaze over them, she began to mentally count up the remaining ones in her head.

Seven remaining? That should be enough to make a new batch then.

With a satisfied smile on her face, her feet switched directions and went over towards the corner where her pile of rocks still soundly laid. 

The pile had been created by placing them all together to create a tower with a large base on the bottom before gradually growing smaller as you reached the top. In a way, it resembled an upside-down cone with a hollow center. Of course, that also meant that the empty space inside hidden by the walls of the rocks was impossible to see without completely knocking down the entire structure first.

"Young Miss?" Bai Qing questioningly called out, but Feng Yao didn't answer as she squatted down in front of it.

Reaching out with a single finger, she applied just the slightest hint of pressure against one of plain gray rocks at the bottom of the pile. It looked no different than the other fifteen or so that helped create the tower, but as soon as Feng Yao saw that it moved with ease, a grin appeared on her lips.

With a delicate flick of her hand, her fingers had already nimbly pulled the single rock out and away from the structure.

Surprisingly, the entire structure remained standing with no sign of collapsing from the removal of one of its base pieces.

"Here, I'll give this stone to you, Qing Qing," Feng Yao slightly tilted her head to the side and smiled at Bai Qing as she reached out and handed the rock to her.

A look of confusion crossed Bai Qing's face as she hesitantly accepted the rock, not quite sure what her Young Miss was trying to do.

Meanwhile, Feng Yao had already reached in with her thin wrist through the small opening into the hollow center. Feeling something at the edge of her fingertips, she clasped the object in between her pointer and middle finger before pulling her entire hand out.

When the object was finally revealed, Bai Qing furrowed her brows. 

"Ah? Young Miss, what is that?"