The outcast and the weirdo's fate

Ten months of friendship

- M I K E -

Today's the day. Valentine's day. It's pretty cold and breezy. I pulled down the sleeves of my green striped sweater and looked down nervously at my light ripped jeans ( if any of you know what this outfit is from, comment it, I wanna be friends lmaooo ) and then at the flowers in my hand.
Eleven daisies for her.
Today's the day I'm going to tell my best friend El Hopper that I'm in love with her.
I rounded the corner of the school, and that's when I saw them.
El and Dean. Dean is the captain of the football team. Every girl wants him. They were so close together.
She was laughing at something he'd said.
She looked down as she laughed, he lifted her head up and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.
She smiled at him. My heart felt as though she'd ripped it out and stomped all over it.
He leaned in closer, she looked to the side.
She saw me. She took a step back from Dean.
I must've looked crazy.
The flowers in my hand were held loosely in my hand that was hanging limply. My mouth was opened slightly, I had watched that all in shock.
I should've expected that though. Dean is perfect. And so is El. They're perfect for each other.

- ELEVEN -

I saw the way Mike was looking at me and immediately felt terrible.
Why didn't I push Dean away? I don't like him.
I like, no, I love Mike.
We made eye contact for a few seconds before Mike turned and started walking off.
" I have to go. " I said firmly to Dean and started walking over to Mike.
" Mike! Wait! " I grabbed his hand and he turned to look at me, pulling his hand away from mine. Leaving me feeling cold.
" I-I have to go. " He said, his voice shaky.
I noticed the flowers in his hand. What's going on?
" Mike..." I said, unsure of what to say.
He looked down, handing me the flowers.
" I like you El, so much. I thought maybe I'd have a chance but now I know you don't feel the same way. I'm sorry I misinterpreted our friendship..." He said in a broken tone, his voice cracking.
" M-Mike..." I paused " I like you. " I admitted.
He laughed a little. " It's okay. I know you probably feel bad for me. You can be honest. " He said. " Mike, I'm being serious. " I said.
" Give me reasons we should be complete then, El. " He looked at me.
" Because I think you're perfect, and the most amazing person I've ever met, and...and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. " I said after a minute of silence which felt like eternity.
" You should be with him, I can't compete. "
" Mike, I would never like Dean like that. "
" Why? He's perfect, El. So are you. "
I felt my heart melt and shatter at the same time when he said that.
" Because he's not you. "

- M I K E -

" Because he's not you. "
Am I hearing correctly? Me?
What am I? What makes me worthy of being with El? She's a fucking goddess. I'm
just a worthless nobody.
I didn't respond. I didn't know how. How do you respond to the girl of your dreams actually liking you back?
I did the only thing I could think to do.
The only thing I'd wanted to do again for so long.
I put a hand on her waist, the other on her jaw, I leaned down.
I looked into her eyes for a second before kissing her. She wrapped her arms around my neck. She used my shoulders to hold herself up on her toes as our lips moved in sync.

We softly pulled away, connecting our foreheads. The feeling of the kiss lingered.
Her face had a deep blush, I could tell mine did too.

" El..." I breathed out.
She looked into my eyes.
" I love you. " I said, the feeling of her lips on mine coming immediately after.
I put both of my hands on her waist and lifted her up, her arms still around my shoulders, her hands in my hair.
I pulled her closer, needing to feel her. We broke the kiss and she hugged me tightly.
" I love you too. So much. " She said.

I smiled. She took a step back and looked at me, a certain sparkle in her eyes.
" Eleven Jane Hopper, will you be my girlfriend? " I asked confidently.
" That's all I've ever wanted, of course, Michael Wheeler. " She smiled so wide, so beautiful.
" You're all that I want, El. " I paused and held her hands " You're all that I have. " ( another reference this certain show / character ;) )
" What do you mean? "

- ELEVEN -

" You're different than everybody else, El. You're the only person that truly understands me. You never judge me...you like me for me. " Mike said.

I nodded.

We looked into each other's eyes and all of a sudden he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. " What the hell are you doing?! "  I yelled, a joking tone in my words and a small smile on my lips a long with a few soft laughs.    " It got too emotional. " He said simply.

He started walking, " If I fall you're dead! " I said with a light punch on his back. " You won't. " He said, I could hear the smile in his tone. " I promise. " He added on.

I sighed, " Mouth breather , I thought out loud. " Your mouth breather " He followed.

" Where are we going? " I asked, trying my best to keep my head up.  " My house, nobody's home. " He said slyly causing me to blush.  I started to feel pressure on my head as the blood rushed to it. " Let me down, I'm dizzy! " I yelled with a laugh. He put his hands on my waist and carefully put me down. I struggled to find my balance and evidently he noticed, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him.

- M I K E -

As I leaned down to grab my keys from my bag I placed a gentle kiss on El's soft lips. I looked down and grabbed my keys, opening the door as though nothing happened. I could see the blush on her face as she walked in. She entered the hallway and looked around. She comes over at least once every week and each time she notices something new. I caught onto that quickly, she notices and observes everything. I assume this trait comes from her time at the lab. She must've been very observant to make sure she was safe and not being watched or even followed. She had to watch for any danger as she escaped. She had to make sure that no one was around and she was safe. This is my best guess. She turned and reached her hand out, connecting our hands, fingers intertwined. I pulled her closer and picked her up, she wrapped her legs around my waist, I placed my hand under her thighs, keeping her up and stable. She connected our foreheads as I carried her up the stairs. I'm not exactly sure how I could tell where I was going but I'm glad I did. She leaned in a little closer as I entered my room, I connected our lips as I placed her down onto the bed. She laid down and I kept my position above her as our lips moved in sync. Who'd've ever thought that right now, I'd be kissing Jane Hopper. Not only was she the school weirdo, but she's the chief of police's daughter. I never thought I'd even share a passing glance with her. Yet here i am and I couldn't be any happier or luckier. I am fully, deeply and madly in love with Eleven Jane Hopper, hopefully someday Eleven Jane Wheeler.

~

~

~

Hey guys! So, I know, my update schedule is literally trash. I'm really sorry but I've had so much going on! First off, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. I had surgery on my knee last week and have also been caught up in the festivities, which is why I haven't posted. I'm really sorry, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, I love you all sooo much!
❤️❤️❤️