Changed

Age : 17

- ELEVEN -
- Halloween -

Since today is halloween, we ( the whole party, yes including Max ) decided to go to a house party. We went to one last year and had a great time so we figured it can't hurt to come to one again, right?
Last year Dustin couldn't come because he ended up getting really sick.
Which we tried to warn him not to go in the pool when it's like 50 degrees but he still did it and that's where he ended up. But since Dustin couldn't come we decided to dress up as the breakfast club. I was Claire, Mike was John, Max was Allison, Lucas was Brian and Will was Andrew. Needless to say, we had the time of our lives so this year we decided to do a group costume again.
And this year we decided to dress up as characters from Grease!
We ended up with me as Sandy, Mike as Danny, Max as Rizzo, Lucas as Kenickie, Will as Putzie and Dustin as Sonny.

- an hour into the party -

The whole group is now split up. I can assume that Max is chugging down drinks like she needs them to live, Lucas is trying to stop her, Dustin and Will are stealing all the food and Mike is talking to some of his other friends about a ) Halloween is the best day ever or b ) Me. And I know i sound like I'm being full of myself but this is what ends up happening at pretty much every party we go to.
I decided to just dance and admire everyone's costumes.
Soon enough a guy walked up to me in a costume I couldn't recognize at first.
" Hey, I'm Norman Bates. But you can call me Ethan. What's a pretty girl like you doing all alone? " He said. I laughed a little and smiled at him.
" Well my name is Sandy but you can call me El. And I'm not alone, it's just that my group split up. "
He smiled at me and stepped a little closer.
" Well obviously you aren't alone. You have me now. " He grabbed my hand and kissed it.
I rolled my eyes a little, seeing this as a joke.
" Wanna dance? " He asked, a slower song coming on.
" Eh, I don't really know how. "
" I don't know either. But it'll be fun! " He held his hand out for me to take. Now this is getting weird.
" No...I shouldn't. " I said, stepping back a little.
He frowned and then looked at my lips. " Hey, there's something on your face. Let me get it off for you. " He said, leaning in closer when I felt someone grab my hand and pull me back.
" What the hell do you think you're doing? " I heard Mike say and immediately leaned closer into him.
" Me? Oh I'm just having a little fun with a new friend. Why are you concerned about my business? " Ethan replied.
Mike went to say something but I squeezed his hand. " Mike stop. " I said quietly.
" Well it just so happens that I'm your " friend's " boyfriend and I don't like how you're acting with my girl. " Mike said harshly.
" Mike, stop. " I said a little louder but he still ignored me.
" Aww that's sweet. Are you scared? Are you actually scared that I'll take ' your girl '? Because obviously that means you aren't good enough for her. If you were you wouldn't even worry. Me personally, I'd be perfect fo- " Ethan was saying when Mike went to punch him in the face but I grabbed his arm before it could happen.
" Michael, stop! " I yelled now. Some people around us stopped and stared but went back to partying.
I could hear Ethan laugh a little but all I was focused on was how mad Mike looked before pushing me away before saying " Fine. Have fun with your new boyfriend. " and walking off.
I sighed.
I know he doesn't mean that. I know.
He's just mad.
I followed behind Mike and grabbed his arm, turning him around.
" Mike please, can we just go home? " I asked calmly.
" Oh no, I don't think we should go home. The party has just begun! You should go have fun, I was actually just about to go talk to Lacy! " He replied.
That's it.
" I'm trying to be nice but you're making it really hard! I do not like Ethan. I didn't realize that he likes me! So just stop! " I yelled at him.
" Fine then! Go home! But make sure you say bye to him first! We wouldn't want him to miss you too much! " He yelled back coldly.
" Fine! " I yelled, feeling anger rise up in me and I walked back over to Ethan.
" Tonight's your lucky night because I'm going to be spending a lot more time with you! " I said to him, trying to sound happy.

- M I K E -

I walked over to the drinks again and started chugging them down.
And then I saw Lacy walk over.
Speak of the devil.
" Hey Mike. " She said, a girly smile plastered on her face.
I looked her up and down, her costume looked like a " sexy " mouse or something. I don't know and honestly I don't care.
" Lacy, good to see you. " I lied, a small smile on my face. Fake.
" You look like you need some company. " She said, sitting down next to me and grabbing my hand.
Long story short, Lacy and I downed way too many drinks, had a lot of general small talk and ended up dancing together and honestly just having a good time.
That was it though.
We didn't kiss.
We didn't even hug.
I'd never do that to El.
Even if she did something like that to me.
I would never.

Whatever.
I get up, saying a polite goodbye to Lacy and walking to where I last saw El.
I freeze.
Ethan starts leaning down to kiss her and she doesn't move away or push him back.
Before it can happen and before I can even think I'm grabbing El and pulling her away.
" What the fuck was that? " I yelled, my words slurring a little.
" Nothing. " El replied, nervously.
" Bullshit! " I pulled her closer to me and looked into her eyes. " That's bullshit. "
" It's not. Please trust me. I didn't even realize what was happening until it was too late! " She said, tears forming in her eyes.
Fake.
It's all fake.
" Bullshit Eleven. You were going to cheat on me without any remorse! "
" I promise Mike...I wasn't! I was not going to cheat on you! You know I would never do that. Please trust me. " She said in a panic now.

- ELEVEN -

" I don't trust you. The promises don't mean shit. It's all one big fucking lie! " Mike yelled, I could here him slurring his words and I could see his red eyes but it still hurt.

" You know I love you. But you're drunk. I can tell. I know you won't be as mad when you're sober. I know it. Because I know I'm not lying. I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt you and you know that. " I said, as calm as I could.

" You're such a two faced bitch! I thought I could trust you Eleven! Now you just broke me. You don't give a shit about me! It's all bullshit! "
Pause.
Silence.
" You know what Mike? Fuck you. "

- M I K E -
- one week later -

I think I'm going through withdrawals.
El and I haven't talked since the fight.
I regret it. I was drunk. I wasn't thinking.
God I fucking hate myself for that.
I look up at the phone and then to the paper in my hand,
staring at a number I won't call.
She won't pick up. I've tried.
And even though we're both at fault, she's the one I run to by default.

I think back.
All the things she said.
It's all on repeat inside my head.
" you know what Mike? Fuck you "
I feel like a complete fool.
I should've just talked to her.
I should've at least given her a chance to explain the situation.
But maybe she should've given me a chance too.
Every sacrifice I've made, I made for her.
Every. Damn. One.
Everything I do, I do it for her.
Because she is...or at least was everything.

Starting over is hard to do.
Not just hard.
It's hell.
Because it's without her.
The one thing that matters.

I can't do this anymore. I can't keep pretending I'm fine.

I snap and walk to the phone.
I take a deep breath and dial in the number and press call.
It rings and rings until I hear the beep for voicemail.
I take another deep breath.
" E-El, it's me again, Mike. I know you won't call back but I have to know. Do you think about me? Because I think about you. Every single second. It's all you. Can you live without me? Because I can't live without you. You already know....you're everything to me.
When everyone else doubts me, do you doubt me? I've never doubted you. I've always trusted you. And even though we're both at fault, when they call, silence to them all. Lacy doesn't mean shit to me. You know that. I was drunk. El, I was wasted! I just wanted to get back at you which is so stupid but it's the truth. And goddamn am I sorry. I feel like my life is over...I feel like everyone...everyone wants to see me fall. Nobody knows me like you do. I'm just an object for people to use. Please don't say I'm the same as I was that night, I wasn't okay. You know, I changed. That night, the alcohol, the emotions, it changed me.
Changed "

~

~

~

It is Wednesday my dudes.
Plz leave your thoughts on this chapter in the comments and tysm. The song this was inspired by is at the top if you scroll past the pic ❤️❤️❤️❤️