Chapter 8

Natsuki took a slight step back, she didn't know how to even react to this at all. It was secretly the answer she wanted to hear when they were at the roof top last time but she didn't expect to be so speechless.

Trying to put her words together as she stared at the sobbing girl, she took a step closer and closer until she tippy toed her way up to her lips and kissed her as a response. Both of their faces turned a bright red and natsuki could feel the cold tear, sliding down her own cheek.

The pulled apart and neither of them didn't know what to say or do next.

" Natsuki? Is that you? " The father from inside the house yelled out the window, " Hey! "

Natsuki panicked, pulling the coat up to the top of her head to cover her face and hair. She looked up at Yuri with a worried look on her face but told her to leave.

" I'm not going anywhere " Yuri spoke clearly, " I thought about who might've done this to you last night.. "

" Please Yuri, just go! " Natsuki shoved her away with the coat flipping back down, revealing herself yet again, " I don't want him to hurt you too! "

Yuri completely ignored her and just grabbed her wrist, pulling her and running back to the house. They could hear the yelling that was once close, went faintly away.
_

Private Messaging

Monika: Yuri!!
Yuri: My apologies Monika. I didn't notice you've been texting me..
Monika: Where is natsuki? Why aren't you two here??
Yuri: It's a long story actually. I'll let you know as soon as I can. I have to go now.
Monika: Did something happen? What's going on?
Monika: Yuri?
-

" Do you think he's still looking.? " Natsuki asked as she pulled the coat tightly around her.

They both carefully looked through the front windows, trying to see if it was possible that Natsuki's dad just given up looking for his daughter. Yuri closed the blinds and gave a heavy sigh, " I think you'll be okay "

Natsuki glanced at Yuri from the other window, " Me? What about you?! "

Yuri tilted her head slightly in confusion.

" He saw you pull me away! He knows your name and how you look! "

" Maybe so.. but he won't get to me "

" And if he does?! "

Yuri stayed quiet, taking a moment to answer what she thought was a ridiculous question.

" I understand you worry but he doesn't know where I live " Yuri began, " he wouldn't be dumb enough to wait in front of the school to get me "

" What about on our way there? "

" Please Natsuki.. don't start overthinking "

" How else am I supposed to react?! " She yelled with her voice starting to crack, " It's my fault! It's my fault he's gonna try to hurt you too! You're in a situation that never involved anyone else but me! "

" You came for me to help, doesn't that ring a bell? "

" I wasn't thinking! "

Yuri walked over and gave Natsuki a hug, letting her bury her face into Yuri's shoulder just to cry. Unable to imagine the life Natsuki lived, Yuri only knew that she doesn't want that kind of life style to continue anymore for her.

" I'm s-sorry.. I'm so sorry.. " Natsuki cried, " I didn't mean for this to h-happen.. "

" Please stop apologizing " Yuri spoke gently and stroked the small girl's pink hair, " It's not your fault "
_

It was 4:29pm and the two girl's heard no sound of Natsuki's dad yelling her name but Natsuki could just tell he was still looking. She is the only family he has and doesn't like the thought of her leaving.

The girls were on the couch, kind of clueless on what might happen next if they decided to go to back to school. Yuri looked up at the ceiling and suddenly felt pressure on her lap so she looked down, just to see Natsuki's head using her as a pillow.

Yuri didn't question it but she smiled, " How cute "

" D-Did you just.. " Natsuki hesitated with her face starting to burn up, " I'm not cute!! "