Master, Mentor, Friend

Anakin rushed out of the chambers. He held back tears and left quickly. He pulled his hood over his head and tried to hide his emotion.

   He sensed someone run up behind him, "Anakin! What happened?" his Master' s angry voice was all too familiar. He kept walking, "Goodbye Master Kenobi." he said softly. Obi-wan planted himself in front of his old Padawan and did the only thing he could think of. A lecture. Anakin thought in horror.

   "Anakin, you are going to tell me what is going on right this instant!" he demanded. Anakin looked up, "You are not my Master anymore. I am not a Jedi. I don't have to listen to you." His voice had regained its common arrogance which made Obi-wan furious, "Anakin Skywalker, you may not be a Jedi anymore, but you will not ignore me like this! I may not be your master, but if our friendship means anything to you, will tell me the truth! What is going on here?!?"

    Anakin was slightly shocked at the heated yelling that came from his old mentor. "Obi-wan, if I told you what I've done, you will never be able to speak to me again." he replied. Obi-wan's face turned red, "I will never speak to you if you don't tell me the truth." he shot back.

    Anakin tore his gaze away, "Obi-wan, please..."

    Obi-wan's glare softened, "Anakin, forget the Jedi Order, forget that I was your master, forget all of that, but remember that I am your friend. Please Anakin."

   Anakin met his gaze. Obi-wan's eyes were kind and understanding, yet concerned and worried. You have to tell him. The voice in his head said.

   Anakin took a deep breath, "Well first, there is someone we should go see."