𝐢𝐯. 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

"I've got no idea," Graham muttered.

The pilot stepped out of her seat and made her entrance, leaning against the door frame as she smiled cockily at them.

"I scooped you," she explained. "That was a very sneaky trick of his," the pilot continued to talk to herself, shaking her head in amusement. "especially coming out of hyper-jump. Now, you could have been killed!" she shouted, pointing between Naomi and Ryan.

"Listen," Graham insisted, walking over to her. "I keep telling you, we haven't got a clue what you're talking about."

The pilot smiled mockingly, turning back to her seat as she said, "Oh, have it your own way."

"Where in space are we?" Ryan asked.

Naomi had a sinking feeling that they would never really know where they were. Just off somewhere to be dumped and never be seen again. Just asking the question was going to lead to more questions.

"Just off the final planet, which is out of orbit. Not where it should be, but I'll still find it," the pilot mused, punching in a few buttons.

"What do you mean 'final planet'? How can a planet be final?" Ryan asked, standing right beside the pilot.

"You are a very funny little bonus," the pilot laughed, all her teeth showing as she smiled.

Naomi furrowed her brow, "Why do you talk about us as if we're cattle?"

The pilot was confused by Naomi's metaphor. "Cattle? I don't know what that is, but if you're saying what I think you mean, it's because you are."

"Where's Yaz and the Doctor? Are they here?" Ryan asked, catching Naomi's attention away from the odd pilot.

"No," Graham solemnly shook his head. "I don't know where they are. I've been trying to get her to look for them," he pointed to the pilot. "I-I said there was five of us."

"And I said I only saw the three of you," the pilot pushed back, a frown making up her features. "I mean, things were moving pretty fast." The pilot's instruments started to beep as the whole room started to shake more than before. "Speaking of which, landing ahead. Lock yourselves back in," she directed them, pointing to the back of the ship.

"We're not doing anything, unless you turn this thing around and go look for our friends," Graham spat in her face.

"There'd be no point. If they were still there, they'd be dead," the pilot exclaimed, sadly shaking her head at them.

'They can't be dead," Ryan whispered.

"It'll be alright. If she scooped us up, maybe someone else scooped them up," Naomi muttered, patting Ryan's chest as she walked into the back of the ship to lock herself in.

   ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ 

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐌, 𝐀𝐒 the pilot had introduced herself, directed the three to a small piece of the floor that would allow them to gradually fall to the sandy ground beneath them. Angstrom had covered her nose and mouth in a beige clothe and her eyes had goggles over them as they landed. She stepped off, making her way across the sandy terrain as Graham, Ryan and Naomi stood in amazement.

"Hey, where are you going?!" Ryan shouted after Angstrom.

"I need to survey the atmospheric data," she explained.

"We're on an alien planet, Naomi, Graham," Ryan sighed.

"It's gorgeous," Naomi sighed, stepping off the floor and onto the sand.