Chapter 18: The Bad Boy Blushes

A/N: Hai. *WARNING* little bit of a sad chap.

*

Lacey’s POV

20 minutes later, we managed to find Axel. We found him with a can of spray paint and a bottle of ketchup in his hands, dragging him away from whatever he had planned on doing, though it didn’t take much dragging when he saw the tears in Ella’s eyes. “What happened?” He asked me sternly as he pulled her into his arms. I shrugged. “She told me that she had to tell us something.” I said softly, listening to her sniffle against his chest. She pulled back from him and took in a deep breath. “Something happened,” she paused. “when I was a little girl.” She finished. “Something that I eventually got over, but still makes me uncomfortable every once in a while. I, uh, I guess when the principal was being creepy, it just brought back all those feelings.” She blew out a breath, looking up at me through her lashes. “El, it’s okay. We’re all here for you.” I added, rubbing her back. She smiled and pulled her head up. “Thanks for not making me feel like a wimp for crying.” She stated, laughing slightly as she wiped her tears.

“Lace, can we have a minute?” Axel murmured, looking in my direction. I smiled softly. “Of course.” I gave Ella another smile and made my way to the door of the abandoned classroom, closing it with a soft click. I was about to walk away when I felt a hand wrap around my waist and the other covering my mouth. The body dragged me to a janitors closet and pushed me in, closing it and locking it. As soon as I figured out where the person was standing, I swung at them.

I punched them.

Right in the face.

I don’t think I have ever been more proud.

That was, until I turned on the light.

“COLE?!” I shrieked, covering my mouth with my hand. I just punched my boyfriend. My smoking hot boyfriend. But, that’s besides the point. “What the hell is wrong with you?!” I yelled at him as she rubbed his cheek that was bound to be slightly bruised. “Damn girl, you can pack a punch.” He stated, still rubbing the side of his face. “Why would you think that it would be a good idea to drag me into a closet?!” I shouted. “I thought you knew it was me!” He yelled back. “Well I didn’t!” I answered. “Move your damn hand.” I said, shooing his hand away from his face to look at his cheek. It didn’t look that bad, there would barely be a bruise. Wow, he has really nice cheekbones, like nicer cheekbones than I have, and those eyes- “Are you checking me out?” Cole smirked, interrupting my train of thought. “What?” I asked dumbly, dropping my hand to my side.

“There’s nothing to be ashamed of, darling. I know, I’m beautiful.” He said, smirking and flipping his nonexistent long hair. “Quite modest you are as well.” I raised a brow, hitting him on the chest. “I wasn’t checking you out.” I stated. “Uh, yes you were.” He answered, that annoying smirk still on his face. “Was not.” I said, crossing my arms over my chest. “Yeah darling, you were.” He crossed his arms over his own chest. “No I was not.” I said sticking my tongue out at him. “Real mature, Lacey.” Cole chuckled, throwing an arm around me as we walked down the hall. “By the way darling,” Cole started whispering in my ear, “you were totally checking me out.” He winked as he started running down the hall.

“COLE HARRIS, YOU ARE INFURIATING!”

~             *             ~             *             ~

“MOM!” I shouted once I got home. “Yeah honey?” She called back from the kitchen. “I need to talk to you.” I stated as I waltzed into the kitchen. “About?” She asked as she began slicing vegetables. “College.” I answered briefly as I sat down in front of her. She raised an eyebrow and stopped cutting, wiping her hands and looking at me. “What’s up?” She asked. “I don’t know where to go.” I answered honestly, slamming my head down on the table. She chuckled, setting the towel down on the counter. “What are your options?” She asked me, raising an eyebrow. I either want to go to the local college that’s like an hour away from here, or the college that’s about 4 hours away from here.” I stated, blowing out a breath.

“It’s up to you, sweetie. You have to choose which college you think is going to be better for you.” She answered, returning to her cooking. “You’re right, thanks mom.” I said, getting up off the chair. “I usually am!” She called after me as I made my way upstairs. “yeah yeah.” I muttered, opening my door. I shrieked as I found Cole lying on my bed. “What are you doing on my bed?” I asked, sitting down at my desk and spinning around in my spinney-chair. “I had a question to ask you.” He stated, stopping my chair from spinning and standing in front of me. “I just realized that I haven’t taken you on many dates, so Lacey Smith, will you go on a date with me?” He asked.

“No.” I answered simply. “What?!” He asked, standing up from his crouching position. “No, I will not go on a date with you.” I said again, standing up and walking over to my bed. “But-but” he stuttered. I burst out laughing. “You should’ve seen your face!” I got out between laughs. “Of course I’ll go on a date with you, you dummy!” I laughed again. One second, I was laughing and then the other, I was trapped under Cole, his hands holding mine above my head. “Well, that escalated quickly.” I muttered under my breath. Cole leaned down and kissed me very lightly on the lips. “Of course you would go on a date with me,” he mumbled, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear. “I would force you.” He started laughing at my wide eyed expression. “I’m mad at you.” I stated, turning my head away from his. He turned my head back so I was forced to look at him. “I’m sorry.” I whispered in amusement, leaning down to kiss me again. “I’m still mad.” I muttered when he pulled away, a faint smile on my lips.

“Hey Harris! Get off my daughter!” I heard my mom shout from the doorway of my bedroom. Cole immediately jerked his body up, almost falling off the bed in the process. “Sorry Mrs. Smith.” Cole mumbled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck as his face turned a light shade of pink. “Really Cole, you can call me Maria.” My mom said, smiling at his uncomfortable expression. “Just make sure you stay off my kid, okay?” She said, pointing the wooden spoon in his direction. “Sorry Maria.” He ducked his head again, a sheepish smile on his face. “Mhm.” She mumbled, walking back downstairs. “Aw! You’re blushing!” I cooed, pinching his cheeks like a baby. “Stop it.” He muttered, slapping my hands away. I laughed at him, going to my closet to figure out something to wear on our date.

*

A/N: I finally updated! Praise the lawd! This is a bit of a longer chapter, thank god.

Pic of Lacey over to the side ~>

~'~'~'Comment and Vote Please!'~'~'~

Oh and, I just realized that TBBN has 986 reads.

WHAAATT?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

xoxoxox