Chapter 14: What? Someone Had To Do It

A/N: Hello.

*

Lacey's POV

I was walking through the halls with Cole, Ella on my opposite side, when I heard Georgia's pesting voice from behind me. "Lacey, can I talk to you for a minute?" She asked in a sickly sweet tone. I spun around to face her and gave her a sarcastic smile. "Uh, no." I said simply. "Oh come on, Lacey. Don't you wanna know how Mark's doing?" She asked and smiled when she knew she had hit a nerve. "Quite frankly, I don't really care how Mark's doing. You and him could go jump off a cliff together for all I care." I said coldly. "I bet you'll be real happy to know that he's gotten really good in bed." She said, biting her lip to keep from laughing. "Yeah, and I bet you'd be the one to know." I said, raising a challenging brow.

Her face turned cold, covered with rage. "Do you really want to do this right now?" She asked, stepping forward. "Why not?" I asked, dropping my bag beside me. "Fine. Everyone, may I please have your attention?" She asked, turning to the crowd that gathered. "This is Lacey Smith." She started, pointing to me. "She couldn't keep her boyfriend happy, so he had to come running to me." She pouted. I clenched my jaw. "You see, Lacey just couldn't give Mark exactly what he wanted, so he had to go to someone else. Isn't that just pathetic?" She asked. "Couldn't even keep her boyfriend happy." She said viciously towards me.

"That's enough, Georgia." Cole said sternly from beside me. "Oh Cole, you'll realize soon enough that Lacey here, can't keep you happy, she'll never be able to. Soon, you'll come running back to me, just like you did with Amanda." She sneered at Cole. I was about to say something back when Ella landed a punch on her jaw, knocking her backwards. Everyone looked at her with shocked faces. "What? Someone had to do it." She shrugged. "You'll pay for that, you ugly bitch." Georgia sneered at Ella. She raised a brow. "Really? Does it look like a care?" Ella asked, wearing a bored expression. Georgia scoffed and spun around, walking away.

"Stupid Ho." Ella muttered under her breath and I burst out laughing.

*

"Hey, don't let Georgia get to you, okay?" Cole said later that night, nudging me with his shoulder. "Was she the one that started the rumor about Amanda?" I asked, chewing on my nail. "Yeah." He mumured quietly. "I'm sorry." I whispered, turning to him. "It's not your fault." He said, enveloping me into his arms. I slowly drifted off to sleep as Cole started quietly singing into my ear.

I don't mind spending everyday, out on your corner in the pouring rain

Look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay a while

And she will be loved, and she will be loved.

*

A/N: Hola. This chapter is a whole 497 words. Short chap, I know. I do apologize. Who else thinks Georgia's a bitch? I doooooo.

Song of the chapter: She Will Be Loved- Maroon 5

Favorite Lines:

(All of them) Tee hee.

xoxox