EP 26: WHEN THE SMOKE CLEARS

Episode 26: When The Smoke Clears

It seemed as though my eyelids were too heavy to flutter themselves open. I tried wiggling my toes, I heard a few muffled voices. My head was aching and my vision was filled with dark blue spots. I wasn't sure why a phrase kept replaying in my mind, as though it was the last thing I heard before everything turned dark.

I love you Gabriel...

I began moving the tips of my fingers. Slowly, I start to feel--- feel my blood circulate, my lips dry, my lungs craving for a whiff of air. It seemed as though I was brought back to life when I sucked in my first breath, nearly choking.

Coughing hard, I squinted my eyes, clutching my stomach. Once again, everything spins.
" We need to stabilise him now, or we will lose him again." I feel a pair of hands pull up my tshirt, an injection pierced through my skin, a contant the beeping sound.

Where am I? Is this heaven?
Probably hell.

I never knew the devil wore a stethoscope and a white coat. I began to struggle relentlessly, this devil along with his minions are going to kill me.

Was I really that undeserving of a place in heaven? Maybe I should have been nicer to Kai. This was my punishment for always not giving him my cheetos.

" Baby you're going to be alright.." I hear a mum's familiar voice chant soothingly. My breathing begans to calm down, the weight of my eyelids seem to lighten.

" Mom..." I breathed out with a smile when I come upon a faint image of her teary eyes. She plants many kisses over my hand, holding it close to her heart.

Turning my head to my left, I see Blake, Kai and dad.
" Gabriel, jesus christ don't ever leave me again." Blake falls to his knees, his head rests against my chest. Dad gives my hand a long squeeze, while Kai wipes his tears.

" Why are y'all acting like I just got stabbed and was knocked out for like a week?" I chuckled. No one laughed.

Not even a slight tilt of the lips.

Instead, realisation slapped them all across their cheeks.
" Baby, you do remember that you got into an accident right?" My mum threaded her fingers through my hair.
I glanced down, taking a closer look at my surroundings.

It all came clear, the smoke in my fuzzy mind finally pieced everything together.

Everything played through my mind like a movie-

The accident,

Alexander passing his helmet to me,

Alexander asking me how much I loved him,

Asking me to not forget him,

That phrase ' I love you Gabriel...' the last words he said to me.

I gripped the handles of my bed, once again trying my best to breathe. To not panic.

Breathe Gabriel. Just breathe.

" if I'm in the hospital..." my voice trailed as I tried to digest the sudden flashbacks.

" Where is Alexander? Where is he? Is he hurt? Is he alright?" My heart was threatening to break my ribcage, I wanted to get off this bed and just find him.

My eyes were met with four guilty, uneasy expressions. I frowned, a feeling of uncertainty grows within me.

" Where. Is. He?" I asked once more, emphasising each word firmly.

At that moment when Blake was about to answer, Tristen bursts through the doors.

" This is not good guys, Alexander---" Tristen stops midway, realisingthat I was awake.

" GAB!!" He runs towards me and crashes me with one of his hugs. Upon his loud voice, the rest of my friends come scurrying into the room.

The small smile on my lips didn't last long.
" How long was I knocked out?" There were so many questions on the tip of my tongue.

" About a week and a half. It was said that the brakes of the motorcycle were cut." Dad murmured out. I released a shaky breath, this was all Kara's doing.

I was so sure.

" Someone better tell me now where the hell Alexander is!" I asked woth urgency, slamming my fist against the bed.

Tristen stepped forward, taking my hand.
" You need to calm down first..." I took a few deep breaths.

Blake nodded towards Tristen, giving approval for him to continue.
" We just got the update from the doctors that Alexander is in a coma and I wouldn't just last for a month..."

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
🦖/ hey loves /🦖

Sprry for the short chapter but I so badly wanted to give you an update! So how is it so far?

My heart hurts for Gabriel, he really doesn't deserve this. Anyway let me know of your feelings and thank uu so much for the immense support!

Love yall!

🥨 Celineweenie🥨