EP 16: KARA MORE LIKE KARMA

" I heard about the kiss my brother gave you." She leaned against the shelf of books while I sat across her on a fine leather sofa.

She ran her sharp claws of nails across the edges of the books, I was glad she couldn't see me shifting uncomfortably in my seat.

" He got the wrong idea, I don't feel that way about him." I wrapped my arms around my stomach, she never failed to make me feel small.

" You know what I think?" Kara raised an eyebrow, taking slow suspenseful steps towards me. I shook my head, I had not the slightest clue of what ever goes on in that absurd mind of hers.

" You would have fell in love with my brother if it weren't for someone else. Correct me of I'm wrong but I doubt I am." Confidence radiated off her skin with each word that she spoke.

I broke out in a fit of laughter, the best way to steer her from her assumption which seemed to be absolutely on point.

" Sorry to break it to you babe but if you think I'm in love with you then you're so wrong." I wiped a tear from my eye, I should have thanked Mrs Jeanette for teaching me these excellent drama skills.

It was now Kara's turn to laugh, I could clearly smell the mock in her laugh.

" If you were older, maybe I would have been but it isn't me who you're in love with...it's Alexander. "

My heart literally stopped beating there and then. I knew I had to be careful around her, I could tell she was one hell of a manipulative person.

" How would you know anything?" I countered, a very lame counter I must add.

Maybe she was my blackmailer...but I never had a relationship or even history with her so that wouldn't be possible.

" I know more than you think Gabriel, I'm quite a dangerous woman if you haven't noticed yet." Her finger graced my cheek ever so slowly.

" What do you want from me Kara? Are you my blackmailer? Do you want money? Just tell me." I nearly begged.

From the looks of it, I think I fell right into the trap --- a situation she wanted to lead me into.

" I'm not your blackmailer, but I do know who that person is." She took a sip of her whiskey, definitely enjoying the fact that she was having me at her mercy.

" For gods sake just tell who my black mailer is?" I raised my voice, clearly irritated with her immature games.

Twirling her slender finger in the air, she shook her head.
" A trade for a trade, Gabriel. I need something from you in return."

I leaned back, releasing a shaky breath.
" Before that, I need to know who you are exactly Kara. I need to know who I'm messing with." I questioned skeptically.

" Intelligent and hansom, the combo couldn't get any better. Well, I'm Kara Smith, daughter of Adriano Smith--" i finished off her sentence.

" gang leader of the ruthless black knights."

" My father is dead." She corrected, gritting her teeth. " That makes me the leader now."

" Someone's eager for the title." I muttered before taking a lazy stroll around the room.

Flipping her hair over her shoulder, she continued rattling off.
" Back to the deal Gabriel. If you want to know who your blackmailer is, all you have to do is to get Alexander's silver necklace."

" Why do you need it? Are you out to hurt Alexander?" My posessiveness kicked in.

" That's none of you business, Gabriel. Do as I say and you'll know. It's a win-win situation afterall."

I didn't trust a word that rolled off her tongue, I could litterally see the devil horns resting on her head. Yet, I was torn between getting myself into this deal.

Maybe God caused me to fall right into this mess as a form of payback for the time I threw my paint equipment at my art teacher.

Definitely karma.

" All you have to do is to agree to this deal." She spoke in a sing song tone.

Was this right? Will my actions cause harm? Could I trust Kara?

I heard her sigh in annoyance.
" I'll give you three days to take up this deal. Sam, please escort Gabriel out of the house, I have no time left to spare." Kara called out to her butler, practically kicking me out of the house.

I was left leaning against the car, biting the interior of my cheek while weighing my decision. Out of the blue, my phone buzzed, and I already had a feeling who it was.

I'm warning you Gabriel, Alexander is hiding dark secrets from you. Why not pick the easy road instead and be with me. I'm getting impatient, don't keep me waiting.

It was a message from none other than my beloved blackmailer.
I left the message on read, my fingers threatening to throw my phone into the pond.

However, the sight of his name lighting up on my screen immediately threw away that thought.
" Hey Xander,"

" Gabriel...we need to talk, you deserve some sort of explanation. I
j-just can't bear the thought of you being upset with me. Could we maybe m-meet at the diner?" His voice is soft, vulnerable. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and just sway to the wind. I wanted to smell his familiar whiff of cologne and hear him say sweet things into my ear.

There was so many things I wanted from him.

" Sure, see you in 20." My heart calmed itself, his voice was enough to do that.

He had me wrapped around his fingers, I think getting too attached to him is far from gone...