" There's ways". Sire spoke firmly and there was a scary look to his eye's. One I'd never seen there before.

Sire was normally the gentler one amongst the cousin's. In fact I'd never seen him do a brutal thing. Well there was that time CJ stormed my apartment and discovered Sire there and they came to blows but even then Sire backed down and admitted that he shouldn't have befriended me unbeknownst to CJ. But right now his eye's held something dark and menacing and my insides chilled over. "What ways". I asked but afraid to know the answer at the same time.

Suddenly a grin broke his serious stare and his mood lightened. "All I'm saying is where there's a will, there's a way. What? Did you actually think I was going to suggest killing my cousin? My own blood? Never in a million year's. Do I look like the murdering type to you?"

Somewhat relaxed at hearing that he had no intentions of harming CJ, I was still perturbed at his last statement. It wasn't like I could say why yes you do look like a murderer because you are one. Your entire fucking family are murderers. Okay so I did kill two men myself but it was in self defense and to save CJ as well as myself. I'd never intentionally go out and slaughter people who wronged me. "Do you love him?" Sire asked breaking my thoughts .

I met his eye's staring back at me awaiting my answer, a question I wasn't sure how to answer anymore and that worried me. If I truly loved him I should be able to shout our love from the rooftops. I would be happily planning this wedding and I wouldn't be sitting here with a man that threatened my relationship. In fact it shouldn't be taking me so long to answer a simple yes or no question. "I-I do. It's just all his controlling ways that's muddling everything up and confusing me, but yes, I do love him or at least care for him majorly" .

Sire leaned in covering the short gap that separated us. I could feel the heat from his body radiate off mine or was it just my body reacting to his closeness? Whichever it was, the one thing I did know was that it was a dangerous heat. A heat that could leave many people burned. A heat that could turn a strong family and Empire to ashes. A heat that needs to be extinguished before the flames can take control and scorch everything in it's path.

Sensing an unease, I scooted my chair back a few inches. I went to stand so I could leave but Sire gripped my wrist strongly. "Do I make you uncomfortable? Trust me Al, I know how hard it is for you to fight this feeling because I'm fighting it too. You don't love him. You just think you do".

Filled with anger I tried to break free but Sire then gripped my shoulders in both of his hands forcing me to remain seated. "How can you say that Sire. I do love him". I hissed.

Sire grinned and shook his head as if he were reprimanding a naughty child. "No you don't. For one it took entirely too long for you to answer me. Secondly you wouldn't have to come back here knowing what happened between us and baby, you kissed me back with just as much urgency. In fact I had to break away before I took you right here on this kitchen floor. Maybe you came back here because the pull toward me is so strong you can't stay away and that scares you. It scares me to Al. Let me tell you what I think. I think you believe that you love CJ. After all he rescued from a controlling, abusive fuck and made himself a hero in your eye's. He gave you a good life for a bit, a life you never dreamed of having. It's only natural for you to think you love him because you feel you owe him but I guarantee if you dig inside your heart and mind you will see that it's not him".

" let me go you bastard". I growled on the verge of tears.

His grip only tightened. "I'm not saying this to hurt you. I'm saying this because I know you're unhappy, lonely and want out. Remember it's me who truly knows you. You've never stayed up all night with him revealing your secrets, fears, dreams and goals. I know them all. Your favorite color is blue. You want a little girl one day. You also hope to become a teacher. You love folk music and black jelly beans. You always pick the black jelly beans from the bag. I know you Alice and I love you".

" don't say that". I cried.

"You know it's true and I think you love me too but don't realize it yet. CJ doesn't love you. Trust me, I know my cousin and your just another accomplishment to him. He was down about my grandparents deaths and felt he'd be closer to them if he had a relationship like theirs. He found you and chose you. You know why? Because you have a similar background as my grandmother did. You also have the potential to be a strong, deadly queen. He sees it as well as I do. You come off as innocent but will kill in the blink of an eye. No, CJ doesn't love you. He just wants to recreate what our grandparents had but that's impossible" .

"You're fucking crazy" I screamed.

"No, no I'm not". With that he pulled his gun and jammed it against my head.

" poor innocent Alice being a victim again". He said in a sing song voice.

At being called a victim fire flared through my veins as a immeasurable anger roared to life within me. The fact that a gun was at my head was irrelevant at the moment. My only thought was to survive and conquer this bastard. Spotting my tea cup within reach I gripped it and brought it down on his head. Sire stepped back laughing but released me and put his gun away but I wasn't finished. Stepping toward him I slashed out at him with a shard of glass from the broken cup. Sire dodged my swinging arm with a grin. "You want to kill me don't you my love?" He taunted.

" Oh I want to overkill you. I want stop until you there's no place left to stab you". I growled.

I charged him again but he quickly gripped my arm's and spun me around until I was locked in his arm's immovable. My back was against his chest as he snickered. "This is what we see. You have it my dear. My queen. Run away with me Al. We can leave right now and never be found. We can have our love".

A sob broke forth as I spoke. "I can't leave him".

" you owe him nothing. He will ruin you. CJ doesn't love you but I fucking do. Go with me".

I shook my head sadly as I felt his lips graze my neck as he whispered. "You are mine Alice. No matter if you marry him or not. You. Are. Mine."

I felt a pinch on my neck as his teeth but my tender skin leaving a mark.... His mark.

I was able to break from his hold and bolt from his place while he laughed and yelled after me. "Mine".

Hey babes!!

So what do you think will happen in this love Triangle? Who does Alice truly love?

Also this book is nearing the end but the next Harper book is ready!!! Guess who's tale is up next!!! I will share the cover soon!

As always thanks for reading, voting and commenting!! You guy's are the best!