Chapter 13

Seeing her, Kartik left Kunal's collar and went towards Naira.. he tightly held her by her arms..

Kartik : Naira a-a-are you- dating him?? Answer me are you dating him?? Haan you are dating Kunal??

Naira's eyes widened listening to this.. but before she spoke, she looked at Kunal..

Kunal stood there staring at her.. Kunal knew he got caught in a mess.. but he needed to do that for Naira..

Naira kind of understood the matter..

Naira jerked Kartik's hands off from her arms..

Naira : Yes! We are dating!! Why??

Kartik : Naira!! (Getting restless) huh! mazaak kar rahi hai na tu mujhse??

Kartik cupped Naira's face..

Kartik : You are joking right!?

Natasha was literally getting pissed off!!

Natasha (gritting her teeth and whispering) : I can't believe this!!

Natasha(to Kartik) : Kartik! Kya ho raha hai! sab dekh rahe hai.. ! Chalo yahan se..

She tried pulling him but he removed her hands..

Kartik : I don't care koi dekh raha hai ya nahi!!

Naira : But I do.. tum jaao Natasha ke saath.. mujhe apne BOYFRIEND ke saath jaane do.. (stressing on the word boyfriend)

She held Kunal's hands and was going away.. then suddenly she turned around to ask something..

Naira : Kartik ! But ek baat mujhe samajh mein nahi aayi!! Itna ott reaction kyun?? Mujhe sacchi mein samjh nahi aaya !! Anyways, life sort karlo apna Kartik! And stop bothering me!!

Saying this she left with Kunal..

Kartik was left completely hurt there.. his eyes almost welling up.. he turned around and went to opposite direction leaving Natasha alone there..

After walking a few steps, Naira left Kunal's hands and stood in front of him crossing her arms..

Kunal (with guilt) : Sorry!!

Naira : For what??

Kunal : For telling that lie!!  Mujhe laga ki main shayad tumhara kuch help kar saku..

Naira : Then why are you sorry??

Kunal : Mujhe jhuth nahi bolna chahiye thaa shayad.. tumhe bura laga..

Naira : Nahi laga!

Kunal : Tumne support kyun kia? 

Naira : Pata nahi bass mann kia.. I just played along..

Kunal : But you talked to him so harshly..

Naira : Haan to! I don't care!!

Though she said she didn't care but can she really not care?? Naah!! .. She was worried for Kartik.. she knew him in and out.. she knew he was hurt..

Later that day..

Kartik was really hurt and disturbed.. he wasn't talking with anyone.. Natasha tried to speak to him too but he didn't pay attention..

Naira was sitting alone in a bench in a secluded place of the college.. she was disturbed too and doesn't really know what to do next..

Kartik came there.. and sat beside her.. though she didn't look up but obviously she knew it was Kartik.. she tried to get up..

Kartik held her wrist in order to stop her from going.. but not that tight.. it was like if she refused to stay he will let her go..

But this time Naira couldn't refuse.. and sat down again..

Kartik (looking down) : Naira!! Kyun mujhe ignore kar rahi hai?? We haven't talked in such a long time.. though I guess it's been only a week but I feel like ages.. kya hua hai Naira?? Mujhse koi galti hui hai??

Naira : Nahi!!

Kartik : To phir??

Naira : Kuch nahi hua.. main to bass tujhe space de rahi hu.. mere rahne ki vajah se you realized so late that you love her.. to main chahti hu ki you spend more and more time with her.. taaki aur koi galti na ho..

Kartik (teary eyed) : Naira! Tu aisa kyun nahi bolti ki you are also dating Kunal so you aren't finding time for me..! mujh pe hi kyun sab blame??

Naira looked at him with tear filled eyes.. they both were in tears this time..

Naira : Right! That's the reason!! Khush abb??

Kartik (looking in front) : Tu mujhe bata sakti thi ki you are dating him..

Naira (sighing) : Sorry!! Galti ho gayi jo nahi bataya!! But you were busy with your girlfriend..

Kartik : Itna bada disicion le liya.. ek baar batane mein kya thaa..?

Naira : Tune bhi to baad hi mein bataya tha naa! (Taunting) I know-I know tune batana chaha thaa mujhe pahle par nahi bata paya because of my trip but the truth is you confessed to her before telling me.. you could have waited too..

Kartik (in the same tone) : Right! Seems like sab meri hi galti hai.. !!

Naira was looking down and shedding tears by now..

Naira : Hum kyun lad rahe hai Kartik??

Kartik : Nahi pata!!

After a few minutes of awkward silence..

Kartik : Par tu usse hi kyun date kar rahi hai.. aur koi mila nahi kya??

Naira : Tujhe problem kis baat ka hai.. mere date karne se ya Kunal se!!

Kartik sighed as he himself had no answer..

Kartik : Naira ??

Naira : Hmm..

Kartik : Yeh sab uss trip se start hua na??

Naira looked at him, he looked at her.. they not knowing what to say to each other..

Kartik : Pata nahi kya hua hai Naira but itna pata hai ki I love you! As much as I did before! I do still now.. and will always do.. you have been, you are and you always will be as special to me.. kisike aane ki vajah se I would not stop loving you the way I love you..

Naira (yelling) : Stop it Kartik ! Stop it please! Yeh 'I love you' apne girlfriend ko jaake bolo! Mujhe nahi.. jaise bhi bolna hai usse jaake bolo.. aur kabhi mujhe I love you mat bolna..

She left from there once again startling and hurting Kartik..

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hufff!!! Three updates in a day!! Iske badle mujhe kya gift milega?? 😏😏

Ask me what I want?? I want every one of you to come here and hug me tight! I mean I WANT TO HUG YOU GUYS, EVERYONE OF YOU.. you all are so so special to me.. I can't thank you guys enough for everything you give me..

I just love you all so much.. so so much!!

Accha don't forget to put down your reviews..

--Adhira