Chapter 6

The Gryffindor Quidditch team trailed Oliver Wood through the courtyard and toward the distant Quidditch pitch. Several students were outside, studying.

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We're going to train earlier, harder, and longer!" Wood yelled and Harry rolled his eyes.

"What the... I don't believe it!" Wood yelled once he saw what was happening.

Crossing the courtyard from the other side are seven boys and one girl dressed in green robes, also carrying broomsticks.

At their lead was Marcus Flint a trollish Slytherin Captain. Ron, who was sitting at a table with Hermione, looked up as the two teams meet. "Uh-oh. I smell trouble." Ron muttered and Hermione nodded.

"Clear out, Flint! I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Wood told the Slytherin Captain who smirked.

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note."  As Wood snatched the Parchment from Flint's hand as Ron and Hermione came up to join the others.

"'I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker and Chaser.'" Wood looked up confused, two new players?

"You've got a new Seeker? And Chaser? Who?" Wood asked and the two moved through.

Olivia looked at Harry, Hermione, and Ron her face blank showing no emotion. "Draco? Olivia?" Harry muttered and Draco smirked.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year." As one of the seven Slytherins held out seven brand-new gleaming Broomsticks. The Gryffindors look stunned at them.

"Those are Nimbus Two Thousand Ones." Ron awed at the new broomsticks. Olivia felt sick to her looking at the broomstick. They probably think that they bribe her to join. 

"A generous gift from Draco's father." Flint told the Gryffindor team at the looked wide eyed at the brooms.

"That's right, Weasley. You see, unlike some, my father can afford to buy the best." Olivia smacked Draco and he stopped talking trash.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent." Hermione yelled and glared at Olivia, who just stared back at her.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood." Draco spat out and Olivia took a step back. She loved Draco, he was one of her best friends, but he had gone to far on this one.

Everyone reacted as if Draco had said something horrific. Harry just looked puzzled. 

Instantly, Fred and George flew for Draco's throat. Wood held them back. "Save it for the match." Wood told the two as they held them back.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!" Ron said and whipped out his wand. "Eat slugs!" He yelled and pointed his cracked wand at Malfoy.

A bolt of green light scissored out the wrong end, hitting himself in the stomach. As he dropped to the grass, Hermione ran to him. "Ron! Say something!" Ron opened his mouth and threw up.

Hermione drew back, and watched a trio of slugs dribble out his mouth. The Slytherins started to laugh.

Angrily, Ron raised, only to throw up again. Fascinated, Colin Creevey ran up with his camera. "Wow! Can you hold him still, Harry?!" Colin said and Harry snapped.

"Get out of the way, Colin!" He turned to Hermione and Olivia. "Let's take him to Hagrid. He'll know what to do." Olivia looked at Draco who nodded. The four raced off to Hagrid's. 

———

Hagrid rummaged about, looking for something. "Got jus' the thing. Set 'im down on that chair o'er there." As Ron sat, Hagrid pitched a bucket between his knees. Harry and Hermione glanced up questioningly. Hagrid shrugged. "Better out than in. Who was he tryin' ter curse anyway?" Hagrid asked and the siblings looked at each other.