I stepped over a fallen tree and looked up. Amber was thrown away from the beast that lay panting on the ground. I ran to her and slid onto my knees. She was breathing, but just barely.

"Amber," I whimpered out.

She opened her eyes, looking up at me. "Nice... shot." she breathed.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and pulled her onto my lap, holding her tight; as if she might slip away into oblivion.

"I won't ever lose you," I whispered into her ear.

"You won't," she promised. I watched as her eyes widened when she looked over my shoulder.

"You..." the beast snarled. "You'll pay for that."

I gently sat Amber down on the ground, then turned around to face the monstrosity in front of me. 

Falcon shook his head like a madman, his form changing back into that of a human as he ripped the silver-tipped arrow from his shoulder.

"Make me," I ground out through gritted teeth. I had grown annoyed and weary of the wolf's presence. I was sick and tired of him, his threats, his damage to my pack, and especially sick of him for Xavier's sake. He had been through hell with this guy laughing at him the whole way.

Falcon shook his head, his eyes glowing a fierce purple while his nails enlarged into claws. Though his form was human, I could tell any less control would send him into wolf form.

He gave a demonic roar and charged at me. I rolled to the side as he charged pass, thrusting my blade at his side, but the steel bounced off with a metallic clanking noise. Falcon swatted me with the back of his hand, the force hitting me like a truck. I fell flat on my back, sprawled out on the ground. I looked back at him with shock, wondering what had caused my blade to do no harm. Falcon stood there, dressed in a strange black armor, grinning wickedly at me. The apparel seemed to be a cloud of black dust as it shifted and circled him with each movement.

Jumping to my feet, I lunged at him, but he quickly parried my blade with his own, one that I hadn't seen before. We thrust, blocked, and parried each other constantly. Yet every time I landed a blow, my blade bounced right off of his armor. He had no issue on me, however, as each time his blade got close I could feel the sting of it cutting into me. I was also slowly coming down off of whatever adrenaline rush I was on, and it wouldn't be pretty when it ended.

Our blades clashed, sparks flew, and both of us poured sweat. I had to jump back several times to get away from his deadly swings that would have thrown me across the damaged clearing had I attempted to parry them. Little by little, I felt myself wearing down. My movements weren't as precise, my reactions were becoming slower, and my arms were heavy and shaky feeling. 

"You're weak, pup," Falcon mocked. "You should give up now. An honorable death will be placed upon you. And I assure you that your little mate will remain in good hands."

"Never!" I roared and clashed my blade with his again.

"You will lose this fight. The same way you have lost all of them."

"If I go down," I grounded out. "I'll be sure as hell to take you with me." And lunged again.

We went for another go, slicing, swiping, dodging, parrying, doing anything and everything I could to find an opening in his defenses. It came to a point where we seemed to be equally matched. I still held my sword up, circling Falcon as he did the same.

Falcon lunged at me again and I was far too tired to bring up my defense. He wanted me dead, there was no denying that. And I was more than likely going to die. I barely managed to get out of the way, bringing my sword up with the rest of my strength. Somehow I managed to bring it onto the hilt of his and both of our blades broke away from us, falling onto the ground somewhere out of reach.