Chapter 1 : The Meeting

Yay! First chapter of second story and first story has got over 50 reads.
Thanks guys! Enjoy, vote and comment.
//Manhattan//
Third Person POV
It was a dark chilly night in Manhattan. Two people were sitting around a fire and talking. The eight year old girl was tending the fire and talking to a man. Both were dressed strangely, as if they were still in the Ancient Greek era. Both of them were emitting very powerful and strange auras that would have scared anyone. The man spoke, "Hestia, brother has broken his oath. Am I right?" The girl Hestia spoke in a sweet, calming voice, "If you already know then why are you asking me?" The man responded, "I needed to confirm. So that I can kill this boy when he comes of age." The girl spoke in the same voice but her eyes showed her anger, "Hades if you touch that boy I will break all ties with you." Hades nodded grimly knowing that he would not win this argument. Suddenly, out of the bushes stepped out a boy of about 6 years with torn clothes and it looked as if he was crying, "Help! Monsters......." the boy spoke in a cracked voice and then he fainted.
//Few minutes earlier//
//Manhattan, near Queensboro Bridge//
Percy's POV
I was running. Running for my life from that vile creature who killed my sweet mum. My name's Percy Jackson and I am running from my evil step father Gabe Ugliano. The person who killed my mother Sally Jackson. I never knew the reason why my mother married that vile creature. It all began 5 years back when I was 2 years old.
Flashback:
5 years ago
I had just reached my second birthday and I began noticing that my mum spent more time outside and left me in the crèche for much longer. I decided to ask her today. But when we reached home before I could speak my mother spoke, "Percy I need to tell you that I am going to marry someone else and he is really nice." I said, "Mom, it's okay. You do not need to worry. Whatever makes you happy." "Are you sure?" I nodded. "Okay, so he is just outside and he has come to meet you." Mom called him in and I instantly saw a resemblance between him and a walrus. I decided to keep that to myself. I always had an interest in sea creatures. I liked them a lot. He came in and shook my tiny hand, "Hello, Percy I am Gabe Ugliano I'll be your new stepfather." He seemed nice so I hugged him. He was shocked at first and then he returned the hug. And from that day my life changed entirely.
3 years later
Still flashback
I hate that walrus! He is an excuse for a step father. He was very nice to me for the first few days, but when he and my mum got married his entire attitude towards me changed. He started shouting at me when mom was not at home. He began drinking heavily and invited his very similar walrus looking friends at home to play poker. He ordered my mom around like she was his servant. I really got angry but I could not do anything. Today was the last straw he ripped up my favourite teddy bear. I ask you who does that!? I kicked him and he got angry. He picked me up by the collar and brought me to his room. There he threw me into the collar and started to call me some vile names then he slapped me. After he slapped me, he took out his whip and he started whipping me. I screamed and screamed but he did not stop. He kept on torturing me like this. After some time he released me and threatened me that if I told my mom he would kill her and me as well. So I kept quiet because I did not want my mother to die because of me. Sometimes, there were happy days, when my mum took me to Montauk beach. I enjoyed the beach a lot but we could not there for very long because we had to return to that walrus.
1 year later
Still flashback
Whip!Whip!Whip! Again and again the sound of the whip hitting me. I had started enduring the pain so he found creative ways to hurt me. He also created a new hobby, beating me whenever he likes. One day he tried to drown me after his regular torture but I just got healed. He called me a freak, tied me up and brought of a vessel of boiling water. He poured it on me and I found out that boiling water does hurt me. Mom was going to be back soon, so he dumped cold water on me. I healed but the scars were still there. When my mom came I gave her a happy smile but inside I was wishing to tell her about everything that walrus had done to me. I knew I couldn't so I kept quiet.
Present day
Still flashback
Today, the same routine was going on when I heard a scream. I looked over to the door and saw my mom standing there. She was shocked to see her son get beat up by his step father. That walrus took the period of shock as an advantage dragged her inside a room and locked it. I kept on banging the door but all I could hear was my mom screaming. After some time he came out and left. I went into the room to see my mom naked with scars and blood all over her. She spoke in a cracked voice," Percy please go away from here. Go to Central Park and you'll meet two people there for sure. Please go Percy. I'm going to die. Please go before he returns." "Okay mom. I'll go but I'm sorry that I didn't tell you what Gabe had done to me earlier." "It's okay. Just go and leave." After she said this I saw the life draining out of her eyes. I quickly dashed through the door and ran for my life.
End of flashback
So, here I am walking/running towards Central Park. How had mom known that someone would be there? Had she known this would happen today? So many unanswered question and now my mom had gone because of that walrus. I swear to god that I will have my revenge on that walrus one day if I live today and find those people my mom said to find. When I reached Central Park I felt as if I was being watched. I turned around to see 2 pairs of red eyes staring at me through the bushes. The creatures stepped out and I saw two car sized dogs standing in front of me. I was scared so much that I did not make any movement. As soon as one of the creatures took a step forward the other one pounced on me. As I had a really small frame I could easily dodge the huge dog but its claws scratched my clothes. My shirt was torn but I kept running. As I was running I heard a voice in my head.
My lord, I will save you from these creatures. Run, my lord, run.
I turned around to see a horse standing in front of the dogs. Strange, had I heard the horse speaking? Oh well, I stated running again and I knew that the dogs had killed the horse. Another dog came out of nowhere and it almost killed me but again I got away with only a scratch. I saw a fire burning and ran towards it as though my life depended on it. Come to think of it, it did. I scrambled out of the bushes and I saw 2 people there. A man and an 8 year old girl. I called to them in my now cracked voice from all the running, "Help! Monsters....." as I lost consciousness, the exhaustion finally getting to me.
Third Person POV
As soon as the boy said this three monsters jumped from the bushes. The man waved his hand and a crack appeared on the ground swallowing the monsters. The man spoke, "Do you think...?" "Yes, brother this is a son of Poseidon"
"But didn't Poseidon already have a child?" "Hades, you know what this means right? That Poseidon broke his oath twice and he doesn't know about this kid." "Hestia, can we adopt him? Because he will hate his father when he wakes up and we tell him everything. We as in me because I miss my kids trapped in that wretched Casino, Persephone because she'd be happy to raise a child and you because I know you want a child." "Brother, you are getting smart. That's actually  a great idea." Hestia said with amusement. Hades protested but she silenced him. "Well, we have to wake him first, don't we?" Hestia spoke.

First chapter is up! Longer by my standards and I hope that al, the chapters of this book can stay this way. Plz read, enjoy, comment and vote.
Words : 1498(excluding A/N)
Published : 15 October 2018
MasterChaos1