Out Of The Frying Pan

Start from the beginning

Bilbo, who is still invisible, hears everything Thorin said

Bilbo, who is still invisible, hears everything Thorin said. He leans on the tree as he ponders what he has just heard. The dwarves look at each other. Then, Thyri, outraged by her brother's behavior, tells him "Alright. That's enough, Thorin ! You think it's easy for someone to go away from its home just like that. Just because someone needs its help to do a stupid quest ! No you don't. You and I both know how it's hard it is to be away from home for awhile. But we have learned how to bear it. Bilbo may be a burden for you but for me he's a valuable member of this Company. He showed us how life could be simple with just everything that you need and not gold and gems or an army behind you. Why can't you understand this ? And now I begin to think that he's gone because of you."

The dwarves look shocked

The dwarves look shocked. Even Gandalf and Bilbo. They never saw Thyri angry like this before or ever. Balin and Dwalin always knew that there was a rivalry between the royal siblings and that since their birth. It increased when Thyri was named by their grandfather the most trusted guard for Erebor. Then, they all heard Bilbo's voice "No, he isn't." Bilbo steps out from behind the tree, no longer invisible. The dwarves look up in shock and relief. Thyri sighs smiling. Gandalf laughs as he speaks "Bilbo Baggins ! I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life !" Bilbo strides forward into the group. He pats Balin affectionately on the shoulder. Kili smiles "Bilbo, we'd given you up !" Fili asks "How on earth did you get past the Goblins ?!" Dwalin says "How, indeed." There is an awkward silence as Bilbo tries to think what to say. In the end, he gives a nervous laugh and puts his hands on his hips. Gandalf and Thyri are the only ones to notice Bilbo sliding the Ring into his waistcoat pocket. Thyri looks puzzled while Gandalf looks a bit perturbed "Well, what does it matter ? He's back !" Thorin asks "It matters ! I want to know: why ​did​ you come back ?"

 Thyri looks puzzled while Gandalf looks a bit perturbed "Well, what does it matter ? He's back !" Thorin asks "It matters ! I want to know: why ​did​ you come back ?"