Angel Of Music (A Chris Motionless Love Story)

• Dedicated to All those who love Phantom Of The Opera

This is based on Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Phantom of the Opera", which was inspired by Le Phantome De L'Opera by Gaston Leroux. It's my MOST FAVORITE MUSICAL OF ALL TIME IN THE HISTORY OF EVER SO NO HATING OR I'LL RIP YOUR GODDAMN FACE OFF AND EAT IT FOR SUSTENANCE. So there.

*1881, PARIS, FRANCE*

You all know the story of Christine Daae, who was visited by the Phantom Of The Paris Opera House and broke his heart, driving him to a madness like never before, right?

Well, this is different. Let's say that never happened.

Orphan Emma Daae (Pronounced Die-ay) is the younger sister of retired dancer and opera singer Christine Daae Victome DeChagne, married to Raoul Victome DeChagne. She's in the corps de ballet like Christine was, under the command of Ballet Mistress Madame Giry of Le Opera Populaire. Relatively new to the corps, her friend, Meg Giry, Madame Giry's daughter and prima ballerina, tells her the stories and rumors of the Phantom of the Opera, more commonly known as "Phantom" or "Opera Ghost." 

Curious and a bit frightened, Emma goes to rehearsal with Meg, where everyone is rehearsing the opera "Hannibal." As Carlotta, the Opera's resident soprano prima donna, rehearses for that evening's performance, a backdrop collapses without warning. "The Phantom! He's here!" The anxious cast members whisper. The Opera's new owners, Firmin and Andre, try to downplay the incident, but Carlotta refuses to continue and storms off stage. Madame Giry tells Firmin and Andre that Emma has been "well taught" and could sing Carlotta's role. With cancellation of the performance their only alternative, the owners reluctantly audition Emma, and to their surprise, she does have an amazingly beautiful voice that seems to have come out of nowhere.

Backstage after her triumphant debut, Emma confesses to Meg that she knows her "teacher" only as an invisible "Angel Of Music". The Opera's new patron Joshua, finds Emma, his old childhood friend, in her dressing room. Emma laughs with Joshua about the Angel of Music stories that her late father used to tell them and says that the Angel has visited her and taught her to sing. Joshua laughs at her "fantasies" and insists that she come with him to dinner. He leaves to get his hat and a jealous Phantom appears in Emma's mirror as her Angel of Music. Emma begs him to reveal himself and the Phantom agrees, then guides her into a ghostly underground realm. They cross a subterranean lake to his secret lair beneath the Paris opera house.

The Phantom explains that he has chosen Emma to sing his music and enchants her with his own sublime voice. Emma sees a mannequin resembling herself in a wedding dress, and when the mannequin suddenly moves, she faints. The Phantom picks her up and places her gently on a bed.As the Phantom composes music at his organ, Emma awakens to the sound of the monkey music box. She slips behind the Phantom, lifts his mask, and beholds his real face. The Phantom rages at her curiosity, then ruefully expresses his longing to look normal—and to be loved by her.

Meanwhile in the managers' office, Madame Giry delivers a note from the Phantom: He demands that Emma replace Carlotta in the new opera, Il Muto, or there will be a terrible disaster "beyond imagination". Firmin and André laugh and assure the enraged Carlotta that she will remain the star, but during her performance, the Phantom reduces her voice to a frog-like croak. A ballet interlude begins, to keep the audience entertained—but a series of menacing shadows can be seen on the backdrop. Suddenly the corpse of a stage hand, hanging from the noose, drops from the rafters. Firmin and André plead for calm as the Phantom's diabolical laughter is heard.

In the chaos, Christine escapes with Joshua to the roof, where she tells him about her subterranean meeting with the Phantom. Joshua is skeptical, but swears to love and to protect her always. The Phantom, who has overheard their conversation, is heartbroken. As he angrily vows revenge against Joshua, the Opéra's mighty chandelier crashes to the stage as the curtain falls.

Six months later, in the midst of the gala masquerade ball, the Phantom, costumed as the Red Death, makes his first appearance since the chandelier disaster. He announces to the stunned guests that he has written an opera entitled Don Juan Triumphant. He demands that it be produced immediately, with Emma (who is now engaged to Joshua) in the lead role, and warns of dire consequences if it is not. He seizes Emma's engagement ring and vanishes in a flash of fire and smoke. Joshua demands that Madame Giry tell him about the Phantom. She reluctantly replies that he is a brilliant musician and magician born with a terrifyingly deformed face, who escaped from captivity in a traveling freak show and disappeared.

During rehearsals, Joshua hatches a plan to use Don Juan Triumphant as a trap to capture the Phantom, knowing the Phantom will be sure to attend its première. Emma, torn between her now doubted love for Joshua and her gratitude and growing love for the Phantom's teaching and him despite his ways, visits her father's grave, longing for his guidance. The Phantom appears, again under the guise of the Angel of Music. Emma nearly falls under his spell, but Joshua arrives to rescue her. The Phantom taunts Joshua, launching fiery missiles at him, until Emma begs Joshua to leave with her. Furious, the Phantom sets fire to the cemetery.

Don Juan Triumphant opens with Emma and Ubaldo Piangi, the Opéra's principal tenor, singing the lead roles.  During their duet, Emma suddenly realizes that she is singing not with Piangi, but with the Phantom himself. He expresses his love for her and gives her his ring, but Emma rips off his mask, exposing his deformed face to the shocked audience. As Piangi is found strangled to death backstage, the Phantom seizes Emma and flees the theatre. An angry mob led by Meg searches the theatre for the Phantom, while Madame Giry directs Joshua to the Phantom's subterranean lair, and warns him to beware his noose.

 In the Phantom's lair, Emma realizes that she truly does not love Joshua, but finds that she's fallen deeply in love with the Phantom himself.

Will Emma confess her REAL love for the Phantom and stay with him forever, or will she leave him to his misery and madness as she lies to herself and Joshua?

 ~~~~~~~~

I know, long summary, but the story will be in much larger detail, and obviously longer. So read it when I tell you to!