Home is where the heart is

"Abel honey are you hungry?" a woman said calmly.

It had to be Simons step mom, my eyes shot open, I had never actually met his family before.

They just knew I was here but had never seen me, they probably thought I was Simons imaginary friend.

"Yes please" I mumbled, she laughed and walked in the room and opened the curtain.

"It's down stairs when you're ready" she said sweetly and walked out of the room.

I got up and walked downstairs, I heard talking but I wasn't using my vampire hearing.

Eric had taught me to control my senses and strength so I wouldn't hurt anyone, it was still hard but I need to do it.

"See I told you he was real!" Simon yelled at his dad, his dad took out five dollars and gave it to him.

I sat down next to Simon and smiled at his family, "hi nice to meet you, I'm Abel" I said politely.

"You are just the cutest thing ever" his mom said admiring my beauty, I blushed and his little sister did too.

Oh gosh did she have a crush on me, there was already a plate of eggs and bacon on the table in front of me.

A couple of days ago I would have died for this stuff, but now all I really craved was blood.

But to be nice I ate it, it still tasted good but nothing tasted better than blood, ugh I could really use some right now.

I shook off the feelings and smiled as they asked me multiple questions, I think I did good with that interrogation.

"So what are we going to do today?" Simon asked me, I thought about it crap.

"Well I think we need to go see my mom, it's almost been a week" I exclaimed.

"Oh my gosh you're right!!" Simon yelled, he was more excited than me.

We drove to the cafe, I pushed open the door and smiled as my moms face lit up.

She ran towards me with arms wide open, "my boys!" she screamed as she pulled both of us into a death hug.

"Hi mom" Simon and I said in unison, she shook us around for a little.

"So boys it's been so long, you've all grown so much, look at you Abel so handsome" she said.

"It's only been a week mom" I blushed, she went behind the counter and started cooking.

"So, pretty soon you two will be all grown up and moving out" she said with a proud smile.

"True, but I'll always stop in and get food" I said with a puppy dog face she hit me over the head with her apron.

"You better had" she said with a smile, Simon laughed and are his fries.

"That means you too Goldie locks" she said winking at him, he laughed and I smiled.

It was nice having something normal, but how long will this last, soon I'm going to have to fake my death.

Maybe I'll just get Eric to glamour her so it doesn't hurt her as much, I wish I could tell her but I don't want her getting mixed up in this.

"Abe!" Simon yelled, I jumped out of my seat, damn that hurt my ears.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked, I grinned, he hugged my mom and I kissed her in the cheek.

We were driving, we decided to go to the beach before the full force of winter hit.

Personally I think Simon just wanted to pick up some college girls, but I had no problem playing wing man.