The Misty Mountains/Goblin Town

Start from the beginning

Balin says "We're all right ! We're alive !" Thorin hugs his sister tightly "Never scare me again, understood Titi ?" She giggles "Protective as always, Thor, aye ?" He chuckles and ruffles her hair. Bofur asks "Where's Bilbo ? Where's the Hobbit ?" Ori shouts "There !" Dwalin shouts "Get him !" Bilbo is seen hanging onto the edge of the cliff with just his fingertips.

Ori dives onto the ground and tries to grab Bilbo's arm, but Bilbo slips and falls another few feet before he catches another handhold

Ori dives onto the ground and tries to grab Bilbo's arm, but Bilbo slips and falls another few feet before he catches another handhold. As the dwarves try to pull him up unsuccessfully, Thorin swings down on the cliff next to Bilbo and boost him up, where the others pull him to safety. Dwalin tries to lift Thorin back up too, but Thorin loses his grip and begins falling too; however, Dwalin, with much effort, is able to pull him back up "I thought we'd lost our burglar." Thorin huffs "He's been lost ever since he left home. He should never have come. He has no place amongst us." Thyri scolds him "Shut up, Thorin. Leave him alone." He looks at me like he was going to challenge me. Thyri stares at him "Don't you dare, Thor." He calls out "Dwalin !" And they went off and find a cave. Dwalin says "It looks safe enough." Thorin says "Search to the back; caves in mountains are seldom unoccupied." Dwalin searches the cave with a lantern "There's nothing here." Gloin drops a bundle of wood on the floor and rubs his hands. Gloin says "Right then ! Let's get a fire started." Thyri says "No, No fires, not in this place. Get some sleep. We start at first light." Balin tells Thorin "We were to wait in the mountains until Gandalf joined us. That was the plan." Thorin replies "Plans change. Bofur, take the first watch." The Company is resting in the cave; all the dwarves are asleep. Thyri took the first watch with Bofur. Bilbo, only pretending to be asleep, stealthily opens his eyes and looks around. Seeing that no one is watching, he quietly rolls up his blankets and packs his things. Grabbing his walking stick, he starts to leave the cave, tiptoeing over the sleeping dwarves. Bofur, who is standing watch, sees Bilbo trying to leave. He jumps up and tries to stop him. They whisper so as not to wake the others. He asks Bilbo "Where do you think you're going ?" Bilbo says "Back to Rivendell." Thyri tells him "No, no, you can't turn back now, you're part of the Company. You're one of us." Bilbo replies "I'm not though, am I ? Thorin said I should never have come, and he was right. I'm not a Took, I'm a Baggins, I don't know what I was thinking. I should never have run out my door." Thorin, who is awake, stares thoughtfully at the wall as he listens. Bofur says "You're homesick; I understand." Bilbo says "No, you don't, you don't understand ! None of you do - you're dwarves. You used to - to this life, to living on the road, never settling in one place, not belonging anywhere." Bofur and Thyri look offended, and Bilbo is repentant "I am sorry, I didn't..." Thorin listens on. Thyri tells Bilbo "No, you're right. We don't belong anywhere." Bofur smiles and places his hand on Bilbo's shoulder "I wish you all the luck in the world. I really do." Bilbo soon turns and begins to walk away. Bofur asks "What's that ?" Something is glowing; Bilbo pull his sword partway out of its sheath and sees that it is growing bright blue, meaning Orcs are nearby. Thyri smells something familiar and looks at her brother in worry.

 Thyri smells something familiar and looks at her brother in worry