"I-I'm not gonna l-lose you t-too, a-am I, Sean?" her shaking voice brought him out of his thoughts.

"God, no, Kayc. Why are you saying that?" he asked, holding her by her jaw as she leaned on his shoulder. "I'll never leave you, Rice. Okay?"

Her beautiful eyes met his again, this time searching. He let her do the search, and he was hoping she won't see any doubt that would break that promise. If there was one thing he was afraid of her finding out is how much she means to him right at that moment – and not as a best friend.

And as he looked back at her captivating eyes as she nodded, that was the exact moment he became aware.

He became aware of the thought that he wanted to kiss her. He became aware that he is, in fact, falling for Kaycee Rice.

*****

"Sean? Come on, let's eat dinner," Miya called as she knocked on her son's door.

She waited for a few good seconds, listening intently, and when she didn't hear any sound coming from the inside, she decided to enter his room.

The lights were off as Miya entered, which was unusual because Sean was always working on something at night when he is not in his dark room downstairs. The moonlight casted an eerie glow inside the room and Miya almost screamed as she spotted Sean rigidly lying on his back on the floor, staring at the ceiling.

"Goodness, Sean Charles!" Miya exclaimed, clutching her chest as she switched on the lights. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

Sean only looked at her and mumbled an apology before going back staring at the ceiling.

Miya sighed as she sat at the edge of the bed, carefully observing him. She couldn't not notice the confusion and regret that were reflected in his eyes.

"Come on. What is it?" she asked with a voice of authority. She knew her son won't share anything unless she uses her mom card.

"Mom..." Sean started, hesitant. He couldn't believe he's going to say it to his mom first. He still hadn't called Josh or Julian yet; he was busy beating himself for what happened.

"I'm not a mind reader, dear," Miya said gently. "But, is it about Kaycee?"

Now, his eyes darted towards his mother. A smile tugged on her lips, confirming her thoughts just by the look on her son's face. She knows him enough and she knew Kaycee, most of the time, is responsible for her son's emotional turmoil. She loves the girl to death, but there are times she would pray that Kaycee would see what's in front of her, at the same time she couldn't fault her oblivion to Sean's feelings. There are just some girls who couldn't just read the cues unless you have to be overt – and Kaycee Rice took that number one spot.

Sean sighed and weakly sat up and leaned at the foot of the bed. He looked down dejectedly. "I –I kissed her. I kissed Kaycee, mom."

Miya couldn't help but let out a little laugh, honestly just overjoyed that her son did something, finally. "So? You should've done that ages ago."

"You don't get it, mom," Sean sighed.

"No, I don't get you. You kids should be getting it on by now –"

"Mom! Jesus," Sean exclaimed, shocked with what his mother just said. A picture flashed in his mind, and he groaned, willing the image away. His mom was not helping in that area, at all.