Chapter 1

Lindsey ran into the school, in search of her best friend. She headed down the hallway rapidly, when she spotted the curls of a brown haired girl at her locker. She ran over to her best friend, tapping her on her shoulder.

Stacey turned around to spot her friend, smiling widely at her. She instantly knew that she had news to tell her. “Spill it.” She commanded over her.

“Josh and I did it.” Lindsey whispered to her friend, biting onto her lower lip to try to hide the blush that was forming over her cheeks. Josh was Lindsey’s boyfriend of only three months. When they had met, Lindsey was a virgin, while Josh on the other hand was not. He was a college boy, in his freshmen year.

Stacey stared at her friend, not in shock at the news that she had just shared. She only expected Lindsey to give it up to him. She was so excited when she started dating a college boy, it seemed like she would practically do anything to keep him. She was more surprised that he waited this long for her, expecting him to take it more so in the first month of dating.

A smile spread across Stacey’s friend, not wanting to seem disappointed that her friend gave it up so soon. “I’m happy that you found the right one, Lindsey.” She told her, opening her arms to embrace her.

Lindsey smiled at the happiness that her best friend was giving her. She hugged her friend tightly, “Thank you, Stacey.” She pulled apart from the hug, her smile still intact. “It was just so magically.” She said dreamily, the memories from last night coming back to mind.

Stacey let out a small giggle, watching her friend drift off to a new world. “I’m sure it was.” She said, turning back to her locker and pulling out the books she would need for her classes.

Lindsey turned her head to watch her friend stuff her books into her bag. “When you find the right man, you’ll have the same feeling.” Lindsey shared, lifting herself away from the locker.

Stacey nodded at her friend’s words, shutting her locker shut. Stacey knew that it would be quite a while before she found the right man, especially after the heartbreak she faced not even less than six months ago. It may seem ridiculous to still not be over a relationship that was six months ago, but it’s not easy to move on from a nine month relationship where you were in love with the guy. She was willing to give everything that she had to offer to that one man, and he went and broke her heart because he wanted sex.

“Stacey, hello?” Lindsey asked, waving her hand in front of her friend’s face. “Are you still there?”

Stacey shook her head, looking over at her friend who looked confused and worried. “Uh, yeah sorry. Just zoned out for a moment.” Stacey looked at the watch on her hand, noticing the bell would ring in three minutes. “We should head to class now.” Lindsey nodded, connecting her arm with Stacey’s as they walked down the hallway to AP Biology.

----

“Have you talked to Ashton recently?” Lindsey asked her friend, as she placed a cup of Jell-O onto her lunch tray. She glanced over at her friend, who grabbed a fruit cup from behind the Jell-O.

The two moved down the line, grabbing what they wanted and placing it onto their trays. “We just talk during class, why?” Stacey questioned, oblivious to what Lindsey has been trying to hint at her the last few days.