***

Kajal woke up to weird sounds coming from the hallway. She squinted, rubbed her eyes and looked around confused. She huffed realising she wasn't at her place. Putting her robe she stepped out of the room to check on the same. The sounds increased as she approached the kitchen, she peeped in to find Tarun turning it all upside down.

''What are you doing ?'' She asked looking at Kitchen's state.

''It 10:30, I am late and I don't know where is the coffee.'' he replied going ahead with the rampage. She noticed , he had been continuously moving towards the area but missing the coffee bottle. She had never seen Tarun this agitated, she picked the bottle and stood opposite to him, ''Here!''

He smiled, ''Thanks!''

''Go and get ready, I will make something for you.'' Se offered

''Oh no, I just made breakfast for both of us.'' He replied showing her the morning feast he prepared.

''This is why you are late! Why?'' She asked hoping he would answer it

''Because I wanted to, for you.''  He replied , and it was true. He made sure she saw that in his eyes proved his words. She smiled, ''then I will do the coffee.'' He nodded walking away. Kajal looked at the dishes, ''So he didn't sleep.'' She grinned, this little gesture by him fluttered her heart like wind does to flowers. Taking a deep breath, she brewed and poured two cups of coffee.

Her breath hitched when her eyes fell on Tarun, he was ready to leave. Dressed in blue shirt and crisp trousers he looked like a model shooting for an apparel brand. Though, she had seen him before like this but today her heart flipped. She took a deep breath walking into the room, ''Your coffee.''

''Thanks! Are you going to work.'' He asked just to let conversation flow

''No, I am on a break. I have done 3 assignments, too much for a year.'' She replied

''Shall we go out then, in evening.'' He offered

''Tarun, you don't have to be so considerate...'' He silenced her keeping her finger on her lips, ''I am just trying to correct my mistakes. Kajal, I am not going to lie. I regretted sending papers to you and I want to give these 6 months my best shot.'' Her breath hitched. She couldn't tell him how much pleased she was to hear those words. But she refrained from celebrating early, she still wanted to be sure about what Tarun felt for her. She promised herself about not losing her patience this time.

''So are we going out today?'' he asked and she nodded. Her jaw dropped when he placed a peck on her cheek, ''Tarun!''

''I can for 6 months !'' When she didn't respond, he smiled and walked out. Kajal stretched her body and decided to deck the house up. She got herself busy and between cursed Tarun was not keeping in tidy. She took a long leisured bath after finishing her work and then decided to read a book. Around late in the after noon she received a message from Tarun asking her to be ready by 6 PM.  She rejoiced and got busy  in choosing the best outfit for her first date with her husband.

It was around 6:30 in the evening when her heart leaped as someone pressed the door bell but her eyes fell looking at Tarun. His eyes looked sore and face all red, ''I will be ready in 10 mins.'' he said walking in.

''You are not well'' She said following him

''Just little cold, lets not waste time. I will freshen up.'' He replied but she pushed him down on the couch, ''No, not today. For now you need to rest.'' Her fears came true when he developed high fever by night and kept apologising for breaking the promise. She gave him a moderate tablet, after food and tucked  him to bed, ''Tarun, call me if you need something.''

''I need you!'' He replied groggily  under the influence of the medicine. She sat beside him holding his hand, ''I am here, sleep.'' She ordered and he followed holding her hand to his chest. She made her body comfortable against the head board. Some where in the night she felt extremely hot, when she looked around she found herself in Tarun's arms, sleeping comfortably on his chest. She couldn't understand how it happened, she looked up to his face. He slept calmly, holding her to his chest.  She thought of moving away then the greed to be with him took over, she moved closer and his arms automatically tighten around her. She placed her ear against his chest to hear his heart, it sounded like music. She wanted to hear and cherish it all her life. With a smile she closed her eyes not worried about the morning.

***

Tarun opened his eyes, he felt weak. His throat felt parched, leaning against the head board he closed his eyes to gather some strength. Images of him holding Kajal flashed behind closed eyes. He shook his head, not able to understand if that was real or just a figment of his imagination.

''Good morning, here your breakfast and medicines . I called your boss and told him your will be on leave for few days.''

''How did you get his number?''

''Not his, I called Praveen. Now, finish this up.'' He kept studying her all along, there was a strange glow on her face, her cheeks looked flushed. ''Kajal...last night...''

She froze, ''Last night what?''

he noticed the change in body language and answers came to him, he did hold her and that gave him immense pleasure. He shook his head, ''Nothing! Thanks for all you did.''

''Have to, my date is still due.''

He smiled in way that was something new, it appeared as if he was teasing and flirting with her . She looked away. She quickly got up to leave. ''Kajal, the date is still on. Are you game for my kind of date?''

''have you ever  taken any one on a date before?'' She questioned 

''No, you are the first one. Have you been on a date before?'' he asked

''Yes, but they were pathetic. ''She replied walking out. She then peeped in to find his expression hard, 'He looks cute when jealous. I am loving it.' She danced to her victory walking away leaving Tarun all pissed.

***

''Tarun, what is more important than resting. You have been sitting on that laptop for  past three hours.''  Kajal chided him for not resting. ''I just was studying..something about work.'' He stammered. She snatched it and forced him to have food and medicine, he still looked grumpy about the morning thing. Kajal pressed her lips, after the little conversation in the morning she had made up her mind to work on her relationship. Tarun had more good than bad and she wasn't going to let him slip away that easily, specially when she felt so strongly for him. 

''I am switching off your laptop. Rest for sometime its still time for dinner.'' She said but her fingers stop, she grinned looking the page Tarun had been browsing, she went back to the search. She wanted to laugh, he had been searching about how to win his wife back. The word wife struck with her, she was still and was planning to be in the future too. Putting it off she cleared her throat, he looked up confused, ''I have never been in a relationship Tarun, and the dates I mentioned were just casual meetings. The guys never seemed to like me, enough.''

He grinned wide, ''Glad to hear that! So , our date is still on.'' She nodded, he immediately started feeling better. She shook her head walking out, stopped and then turned, ''By the way , did you learn anything from the search about how to win a wife back?''  Tarun opened and closed his mouth like a fish. He slid lower covering his face with a pillow, as she laughed her heart out. He smiled to himself, 'I just took the first step with your smile.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it. Do leave your comments and don't forget to vote.

Next- the date.