Chapter-24

The arrangement wasn't easy for the couple. They both lay in their respective rooms staring blankly at the ceiling, their hearts yearning of each other. Kajal sat up, leaning against the head rest she replayed all that transpired between them. She knew she was to be blamed for the situations they were in but she now wanted to conclude whatever the result will be. With a deep sigh, she moved to the window, leaning against it she stared out into the darkness . Her eyes went to the wedding ring in her finger. She recalled the day he had visited her before leaving for UK, he had pushed the ring in her finger stating they weren't over yet. She lifted her gaze back to darkness, her eyes wet, closing her eyes she wished, 'Please god, let Tarun stop me . Let this six months turn into a forever.'

***

Tarun rubbed his chest lying on his back, his heart thudding madly against his ribs. She was back with him under the same roof, but not for long. His heart reminded him, yet he felt excited. He didn't deny that he enjoyed her presence. He chewed his lower lip, cursing himself for taking the rash decision of separation. He could have waited for her to cool down. He so wanted to save this relationship as he had reached a comfort level with her. He understood that his inability to express his feelings led to this situation. 'But you have 6 months.'  His mind reminded and he jumped out of the bed all excited. He smiled to himself it was his golden chance to correct all he did wrong.

'Does she want the same?' asked his other side.His smile immediately faded, what if she doesn't want the same? What if she wanted out? He felt worried, 'then show her that staying in with you is the best choice.' He felt suddenly pumped up. Pulling out his laptop, he quickly switched it on and wrote a mail to his asking him to postpone his travel plans citing personal issue. With a wide grin he pushed his laptop flap shut.

''Why are you not in bed?'' Tarun jumped , Kajal stood at the door with a grim expression on her face. He wanted time to stop, he missed her scolding him over small things. He hid the smile that covered his lips. He opened his mouth to answer but got cut by her, ''Don't tell me you were working at this hour? Its not good to ignore health by keeping up this late.'' He smiled, keeping his laptop aside he walked to her, ''Now if you are done with your questions, can I ask just one?'' He requested

She nodded like an authority. He smiled at her expression, she looked cute.Binding his hands behind, he leaned lower to come closer to her, ''Why are you up then? Couldn't sleep alone!''

She blinked but couldn't  break the eyes from him, he burst out laughing, ''Look at your face, you look like caught doing something wrong.''

''I am sorry, I over stepped. I have no right to ask you that.'' She turned away. He huffed, ''Kajal, I was mailing my boss about postponing my travel plans.''

her heart danced. ''You can go if you want to, it won't hamper anything.'' She replied without turning

''It would.'' He stopped her moving feet with his words, she still didn't turn. He walked past her and stood opposite to her with his arms crossed over his chest, ''I want us to be like we were before I messed up. even if these are few last days, I just want you to go back with good memories.''

She smiled, ''Like before right'' He nodded, she took a step, ''Then you better clean up that laundry basket by tomorrow.'' Now it was Tarun's turn to blink, she giggled walking into the hall.

''You didn't answer my question Kajal, why are up so late ?'' He followed her

She looked at him, the answer was on the tip of her tongue. She wanted to scream at his face that he was the reason, that she wanted to be with him but decided against it. She shook her head, ''Place change I guess, but you should sleep.'' She said running back to her room, not wanting to face further questions. Tarun stood there, waiting for her to come back once . She didn't. He knew it was going to be long sleepless night.