Chapter 1

An Unpleasant Surprise

"Hey did you hear that?"

"Yeah, seems like Taylor broke up with Brittany over the summer"

"I'm surprised it lasted almost two weeks. Brittany is a self absorbed bi*ch!"

"Yeah, she probably cheated on him at least half a dozen times in those two weeks"

"Pfft! True. Hey look look he's here!"

The two girls and almost the entire student body turned to look at the guy who just entered the parking lot on his black Ducati Multistrada.

He parked his bike in his usual parking space where no other soul dares to park their vehicle. The entire eyes in the parking lot watched in silence as the most popular guy in school took off his helmet and got off his bike. He wore his signature black jacket and a tight black collar with a white t-shirt underneath and dark grey jeans.

He ran his fingers through his straight blond locks and his amber eyes locked on his approaching group of friends.

"Hey Taylor! It's been a while. We never got to meet up over the vacation." Bryan greeted as he did a bro hug with Taylor and gave a pat on his back. "You still ride your multistrada huh?" he inquired as he tried to touch the handle bar. But before he could his arm was caught by Taylor. "Hands off my girl and yeah I still ride her"

"Pfft, that sounded so wrong in so many ways" cackled Mike.

Taylor smirked at his friend "I don't mind riding her in that way too"

"Gross! Don't you boys have nothing else in your heads but sex? It's been almost a month since we saw each other and that's the first thing you talk about!" Kate scruntched up her face at the three boys just as Bryan pulled her into a side hug and placed a kiss on the side of her forehead making her relax into him.

"Sorry Kate but we can't really control our hormones" Mike apologized while not looking very apologetic.

"Don't mind the idiots Kate. They are all only bark and no bite." Sydney chirped as she walked up to Taylor and settled by his side leaning onto his bike.

"Oh? Would you like me to prove it wrong princess?" Taylor smirked as he leaned towards Sydney.

"No thanks" she smiled as she placed her hand on his chest and pushed him away making him chuckle.

Bryan is the jock of the group. He's the vice captain of the football team (soccer for Americans) and is really good at track too. He had light brown hair with clear grey eyes and is naturally of big built. He and his girlfriend Kate had been dating since seventh grade. He's really into rallying and he even sleeps in his Escort Cosworth sometimes.

Kate is quite short and sassy. She's your typical nice emo girl who cut her black hair in short pixy style and had a few purple streaks. She wears thick eye pencil and mascara making her dark brown eyes look even more dark and mysterious. She does wear band t-shirts and black clothes but doesn't do any drugs and she doesn't smoke. To her it's all about appearance.

Mike is the nerd of the group or more like a computer geek who only gets along with the people in the group. He is the cute type with brown hair and brown eyes but that doesn't help him make any friends. He has quite a few character problems and he gives off the impression of being rude and antisocial but he's really fun to be with once you get to know him. Though he needs to be dragged out most of the time when the bunch planned on going out.

Sydney is one of the most popular girl in the school. Popular in the sense not Queen-B popular but the nice girl popular. She never says no to helping others and is loved by everyone. Although she has occasional sass she's kind most of the time. She isn't much into dating and never had any boyfriends before though with her long dark brown hair and vibrant ice blue eyes she can make any guy fall in love with her.