Chapter 17

I hug him for awhile but I break off. “You're a great father Tobias, you know that, right?” He just smiles. Tobias puts Reyna back into her crib then he picks me up bridal style. “Tobias Eaton, put me down this instant!” He laughs, “Only if I get a kiss from my beautiful fiancée.”  I sit up in his arms and I kiss him softly. “Was that okay?” He laughs, “Very.”

He let's me down and we walk to our room. We sit on the bed next to each other with our fingers intertwined.

“We should plan a date for the wedding you know.” “Okay, we need a date.” “How about June 4th, in about a year?” Perfect. “Yes, I love it!” I smile. “Tobias?” I look him in the eyes. “Yes Beatrice?”

“I want another tattoo.” He smiles, “What do you want?” I feel a smile creep on my face, “I want two more ravens, on my wrist, A big one and a small one,” I speak as I look at my shoes. “What do they mean?” “You and Reyna, the other three are my family, and you're my family now.”

“Let's go then, I'll calk Chris over to watch Reyna,” he tells me.

Christina arrives about 20 minutes later and Tobias and I leave.

We arrive at the parlor and I go up to the desk. “Can I have a tattoo on my wrist? I would like two ravens like the ones on my collar bone,” I say gesturing forwards my tattoo, “A big one and a small one.” The girl at the desk smiles then gestures me to a chair.

About 45 minutes later I walk back to the waiting room to see Tobias looking at his phone. He looks up and smiles, then walks over to me. I kiss his cheek then we leave the parlor.

“Thank you Christina,” I announce as we open the door to our house. She smiles and hugs me, then walks out the door.

I walk into Reyna's room and I smile at her. I hear Tobias at the door talking with someone, so I decide to go and see who it is. I walk down the stair, Reyna in my arms.

Marcus.

“What do you want Marcus?” I hear Tobias yell. “I don't want you around a fucking whore like her,” he shouts back at Tobias and points at me. I feel a tear fall down my cheek, but I brush it away. “She is not a whore, and you need to leave my house, now!” Marcus walks over to me and is about 10 inches away from my face, “You're a whore.

I run upstairs and I put Reyna in her crib and I enter my old room. I stare into Tobias's old room and I notice something, a picture frame. It's of us, Reyna, him, and I.

He really loves us, doesn't he?

“I do love you guys, why wouldn't I?” He comes and sits on the opposite side of the windowsill. “Was I thinking out loud?” He nods. “I might head over there and get the stuff I left, like the picture and some other things I wanted to forget about, but I can't let go of.” I smile. “You know you're not a whore right?” I nod slowly looking out the window. I am a whore, I got pregnant at seventeen, and I thought her father was a different person.

I shake the thought away and I look at the thing in my room. Tobias's leaves the room and I hear the door close. I sit on my bed the I see a figure in Tobias's room. He's in there gathering some pictures in a bag, all the ones of Reyna and I. I smile, then he looks at me. I smile and he leaves his old room.

He walks back inside and I walk into our new room. He walks in and puts the bag on the bed. He pulls out a notebook and shoves it into his drawer fast, almost like he didn't want me to see it. He grabs out some pictures of us with Reyna and some of just us. I feel a smile creep on my face and then on his.

“Beatrice?” I look up at him, “Yes?”

“I will always love you, no matter what, you know that, right?” I nod my head.

He walks over and kisses me on my head then walks out of the room.