Paintless Dent Repair

Paintless Dent Repair is a technique to remove minor dents from the body of a motor vehicle. This technique is otherwise known as paintless dent removal.

Almost all kinds of damage caused to the motor vehicle can be fixed using PDR, as long as the paint surface is intact. PDR is applicable on both aluminium and steel panels. It is primarily used for the repair of hail damage, door dings, minor creases, large dents and bodylines damage.

Repainting of a damaged panel can also be done by utilizing this method

Repainting of a damaged panel can also be done by utilizing this method. To get started with the repainting method, the use of body filler must be minimized. This particular method has a trendy term called 'push to paint' or 'push for paint'.

Several factors determine whether the PDR done is successful or not. These factors include the flexibility of the paint and the extent to which the metal has been stretched due to damage.

Flexibility of the paint depends on automotive paint finishes and in today's world, the refined automotive paint finishes available give a successful PDR. The metal damage to the motor vehicle caused by stretching depends on the thickness of the metal, the flatness or curvature where the damage occurred and the intensity of the impact.

Paintless Dent Repair is a suitable option if the dent is shallow. Dents having several inches in diameter can also be repaired by this technique, so far as the metal and paint are not elongated.

Skilled technicians can fix a shallow large dent or crease to an unacceptable level, but PDR may not be a good choice to repair sharp dents and creases.

The most familiar PDR techniques use metal rods and body picks to push out the dents from the underside of the body panel. Specifically designed tabs and glue can be used to pull out the dents from the outside of the panel.

Fine tuning the repair includes tapping down the repair to get rid of small high spots.

DoubleTake Automotive renders high quality Paintless Dent Repair service to their customers. They can repair the vehicle's scratches and dents, thereby restoring it to its top condition.

In Conclusion:

Paintless Dent Repair (PPR) is changing the world of ding and dent repair. The PDR process removes minor dings, dents, and creases from a vehicle, while maintaining the integrity of the factory or custom paint finish. It provides Car detailing Pittsburgh and virtually unnoticeable repairs to the non-collision minor damages vehicles experience daily, the process is fast, safe and saves you hundreds of dollars. Let the experts at DoubleTake Automotive evaluate your damage for free. We will then repair your scratches and dents and restore your vehicle to its top condition. For more details http://doubletakeauto.com/