1

Mama says today's the selling. What's the selling you ask? It's when all the biggest named people get together and sell stuff to other higher people. Including people.
I was dressed in very thin blue material that I felt was exposing me.
Dad yelled that it was time to leave so I stood up and put my heels on.
We got in the car and our driver Simon took off, already knowing we were going to the selling. Rumor has it that the Gustoff's will be there but I highly doubt it. They'll probably send their fake family.
We pulled up in the circle driveway and got out of the car. Momma and dad went first and Simon looked at me with worry. I smiled and made it seem like I was okay when in reality, I was scared.
I got out of the car and we walked up the long marble staircase. Two door men held the doors for us. They looked no older than 16 and scared.
I've been here before.
I swear I have.
The golden accented frames and couches were all too familiar.
We walked to the large ball room/ dining hall where hundreds of other people were. Momma and dad went to talk to the Ricci's while I went to the bathroom.
When I was walking to the bathroom I decided to explore a bit to figure out why it seemed familiar.
I turned left and walked down the hall slowly, examining everything. The chandlers were hung medium length, not to high or too low. I heard footsteps behind me, getting faster. The faster I went, the faster they went. When we were finally at a full on sprint the person caught my arm pulling me to them. A tall figure stood before me. His dark brown eyes staring into my vibrant green ones.
"What are you doing?" He said, his voice blasting with anger.

"I was- I mean, I am-" I tried to say but failed.

"You were snooping. Probably trying to figure out how to steal something, huh? Were you?" He said.

"No sir I- I was just looking for the b-bathroom." I said trying not to scream.

"Oh. OH my god I feel like an ass now," He said letting go of my arm and nervously rubbing his neck. "It's down the hall, take a right, go down that hall and it should be second door on the left. Again I'm so sorry."

"I-it's alright, thank you." I said and started walking away.

"Enjoy the party!" He yelled after me.