Chapter 15

Having sworn himself to secrecy to both of them, Chance had no idea what he was going to do. Jenika hadn't said anything about how she may feel about Tim but he knew better. And, Caroline was right, at times he did know Jenika better than she knew herself. First he had to find a way to get them to talk, to apologize to one another for at least what had happened at the bar.

****
Jenika packed her bags, grabbed her purse and headed to the airport. She needed to get away, to think. She needed to go home.

The guys piled their bags into the trunk of the rental car before saying goodbye to Chance and Tim.

"Where's Jenika? I thought she'd be here to see you guys off" Chance remarked. Tim thought it was odd she wasn't there too but then assumed it had to do with him. They still hadn't spoken since the night at the bar.

"I gave her quite a 'to do list' in preparation for the upcoming tour, so I'm sure she's just working on that. No worries, we'll be conference calling again in a few days" Adam assured them.

"Yeah, you've really been cracking that whip lately" Austin laughed with a motion of snapping a whip.

Adam rolled his eyes as he stepped toward Chance, "It's been a great few days catching up. Let me know when you're ready to get back at it, we've missed ya brother" giving him a tight hug.

"I've missed you guys more than you know. I see the neurosurgeon next week back in Raleigh for a followup, keep your fingers crossed I get the green light" he replied.

Rob stepped up next, handing him a piece of paper. "Here's the number of the vocal coach I was telling you about. She's amazing and has been such an influence for me. I gave her a heads up you'd be contacting her" he told him, also giving him a tight hug.

"Thank you so much, Rob. I'll be sure to contact her right away" Chance replied.

"Man, I can't say enough about how greatful I am that we still have you" Austin said, teary eyed as he too hugged Chance.

"If you don't stop with the blatting like a girl, I'm going to take away your man card" Tim joked slapping Austin on the back.

"You know you love me Timmy" he told him, grabbing him by the face planting a sloppy kiss on his cheek.

"Go will ya" he growled, wiping the side of his face with the hem of his shirt making all of them laugh.

Chance and Tim waved as they drove off. Walking back towards the house Chance asked Tim what his plans were for the day.

"I guess I need to see someone about an apology" he replied quietly.

Chance merely nodded in agreement as they went their separate way.

****
Jenika hadn't told anyone she was heading home, not even her family. She needed to avoid all the questions why so she wouldn't be swayed to change her mind. She knew Chance would be worried and planned on letting him know when her plane landed.

Her briefcase in the empty seat beside her, she pulled out her headphones and got comfortable for her two hour flight to Minneapolis. As she leaned her head against the window, closing her eyes, she drifted off to the memory of her flight home a little over a year ago.....

"Hey handsome, what are you doing sitting all alone" said a female voice.

Tim rolled his eyes and turned to find the beautiful blond he had met at Chances party. "Oh, hello Miss, nice to see you again" he politely responded.

"Always a gentleman aren't you" she smiled.

"Yes, ma'am" Tim blushed slightly as he looked at her. There was something about her that made him want to get to know her better. But he knew he was most likely 10 years older than her and doubted she would ever be interested in someone like him.

"Where are you headed, if you don't mind my asking " he said to her.

"Wisconsin. Headed home to see family for a bit before looking for another job. My duties as a nanny are no longer needed as the family I worked for are moving out of the country. They offered to take me with them, but I refused. I just can't be that far away from my family, ya know" she told him. "What about you, where you going?" she asked.

"Back to Minnesota to meet up with the rest of the band. We go back out on tour next week" he said as he finished his drink.

"Sounds like fun but I bet it's tiring at times. Plus being cooped up on a bus for days on end could drive you a bit crazy. Don't you guys get on each other's nerves after awhile" she asked.

Tim laughed a little, " yeah we do but we all are practical jokers, some are more hard core than the rest, but it all works. We're just like any other family" he told her.

"I know Chance has his moments pulling jokes on people, one thing I really like about him is his sense of humor" she commented.

There was a bit of turbulence half way through the flight. A sudden drop jolted the young blond into his side. "Miss, are you ok" he asked her. "Please, call me Jenika. I'm sorry I fell against you" she said. "No harm, not your fault" he assured her. "This is the biggest reason I don't care to fly" she said to him. He smiled and put his arm around her " No need to apologize, I totally understand" he replied.

They sat like that throughout the rest of the turbulence that felt like forever despite only lasting about 15 mins more. A voice came over the intercom updating the passengers of the weather conditions that caused it but that everything was back to normal and they would be landing in Rochester International in about 30 minutes.

"How are you getting to Wisconsin," Tim asked.

"I have a slight delay before my departure to Milwaukee" she replied.

Tim had asked her to have lunch with him, if she had time, before catching her flight.

She smiled and accepted his invitation.  They talked and laughed over a quick lunch before heading back so she wouldn't miss her flight. He walked her to the boarding gate "It was nice to see you again Miss, I mean Jenika. Have a safe trip home" Tim said to her.

"Thank you Mr. Foust" she chuckled "I'm glad we ran into each other.  Maybe we will again some day, hopefully soon" she said as she gave him a kiss on the cheek "goodbye Tim" "Goodbye Jenika" he smiled as she turned and walked up the hallway....

****
Tim pulled into Jenika's driveway, assuming her car was in the garage,  he sat for a moment contemplating how he was going to apologize for being such an ass. She hadn't deserved anything he said to her, he knew he was wrong and had, at the very least, jeopardized their work relationship, but more importantly their friendship. Regardless of what he faced, it was time to man up and admit he was wrong.

Taking a deep breath, he slowly approached the doorway. Knocking several times without a response, he gave up and began walking back to his truck, but not before peering through the garage door window. Not seeing her car he assumed she was out doing what Adam had requested, never suspecting she had left town.