Chapter 2

Chance took his time walking around his new home. Tim had done an amazing job with renovating the building, making the entire bottom floor into living space.

He checked the kitchen to see how Jenika had set it up. Everything was perfectly placed, cupboards were stocked and the refrigerator was full.

Making his way down to the bedroom he noticed she had hung photos taken during their tours of the band and several he had taken himself. It felt like home.

"Damn, she's thought of everything" he said aloud walking into the bathroom, finding starwars towels on the shelves.

Standing in front of the mirror he stared at his own reflection. Totally amazed he was even alive, let alone having come so far in his recovery. He touched the scar over his right brow. The scar left from the emergency surgery to remove the brain tumor.

"Well, it could have been worse Adam, much worse" he told himself as he began to place several bottles of medication into the cabinet.

****
Tim was extremely thankful to have his friend back. That day, six months ago, was still vivid in his memory. They all stood around his bed praying and saying their final goodbyes as Dr. Lynch disconnected the machine. Listening as it gave Chance his last breath, being told it wouldn't be uncommon for his body to appear to breathe as the final air was exhaled from his body. The silence was deafening until Chance cried out "No...please". Dr. Lynch and Mina rushed to his side,  Maggie nearly fainted as he finally woke from the three week coma. And now, here he was almost 90% back to his old self, beginning a new life.

He laid down on his bed, gliding his fingers over the picture on his nightstand " I miss you so much Darlin and I wished and prayed so hard that you would have come back to me. But I know now you were chosen, chosen to work from above, that you were with him. Thank you" he spoke aloud as tears rolled down his face. "I love you" he whispered turning off the light.

Caroline watched from the window as Tim lay there. She missed him so. She gently blew a kiss across his shoulder. Tim smiled as he drifted off to sleep.