Chapter 1

Tim sat in front of the hospital just like so many times before. So many images, memories flooded his mind from the past two years. Everything they had been through together, the pain, the heartache. It had finally come to an end.

He had made the arrangements for his belongings, as requested and would soon be heading back to Tennessee.

****
Six months since regaining consciousness from the surgery, he's being released from the rehab center and moving into the carriage house on Tim's property in Tennessee.

His recovery to this point has been nothing less than extraordinary according to all the doctors. Removal of the type of tumor he had seldom, if ever, brought about regaining motor function. His memory was improving every day. There were times when he spoke about instances that caused everyone to question his recovery, but he knew they were real. They just happened to occur while he was "in between" worlds.

As the last of his items were moved into his new home Jenika stood in the doorway while Tim held the car door open for him. "Welcome Home Chance" she squealed, running towards him.

He smiled as she threw her arms around his neck, trying to stay steady with his cane. "Careful girl, don't knock him on his ass" Tim laughed, steadying him from behind. "Oh, yeah sorry " she replied, stepping back a bit.

"It's all good " he said, starting to make his way to the carriage house alongside Tim. "I really appreciate you letting me stay here, Tim. I'll find some way to pay you back for all you've done for me" Chance told him.
Tim didn't expect or want any payback. The fact that he was alive was all he needed.

"I hope you don't mind that I set everything up for you, but please, let me know and we'll change it" Jenika explained as they entered the home. 

"What's this 'we'll' change it " Tim stated with a raised brow.

Chance laughed at the two as he carefully sat down on the sofa. "Damn, you'd think you two were married the way you talk to each other" he commented sliding the cane to the side.

Jenika blushed slightly, they were just friends, coworkers. Thanks to Chance, Adam had hired her as their new tour manager. She spent a lot of time on the road with the guys but nothing more than friendship was shared between her and Tim, at least for now.

Tim grabbed a couple of beers from the fridge, handing one to Chance and Jenika. "You think that's a good idea, I mean with the medications you're on" she asked Chance as he popped the top.

"In moderation, my dear. Besides, I think I've more than earned this one, don't ya think" he replied raising to toast with them.

"Don't worry, we'll get mother hen here occupied so she won't be hovering over you" Tim stated while Jenika stuck out her tongue in response.

"But seriously Chance when do you begin physical therapy now that you're here" she asked, now sitting beside him.

"The rehab center in Raleigh told me they were making the proper arrangements for Kravitz Physical Therapy here in Nashville. Someone from their office will contact me on Monday. So I have the weekend to settle in before I get back to it" he told them.

"Ok, well you let me know and I'll arrange your transportation to your appointments " Jenika advised.

"Girl, stop. He's a grown man, he can handle this, he's already got a mother" Tim teased.

Chance smiled at the two. 'I don't know, you sure about this' he asked Caroline through his thoughts' as he drank his beer.