Bound//pt 3

Long hair

Brown skin. That's always been me. Derryn? Curly hair with brown skin too. I mean I would say I'm the ugliest of the two. Most would disagree. For example; Allen. "Hey there gorgeous" Allen says as I sit down on the bus. It's been two days since I went over to Derryn's house. I have spoken to him since. "Sup"I said. "You look pretty today with them braids" he said. "Yeah I got them done yesterday, my head hurts so bad" I said. "I got some Advil"Allen offered. "Thank you!!" I said snatching the bottle. "Rude lil bitch" he said. "Hey, I said thank you" I said popping two.

                                       * * *
It was my last class before lunch period. I twirled my hair and blew my bubble gum as I finished up homework from earlier classes. Niggas have been staring at me hard as shit lately. The bell rung and before I could even go out the classroom a skinny ass nigga with big curly hair and acne approached me. "Damn who are you?" He said. "Not your friend, so get back" I said. He smacked his teeth. A girl with glasses who looked Indian tried to run out the door in front of us and this acne havin ass nigga had the nerve to trip her. "Dumb bitch" he said as he left out. I helped her up and picked up her stuff. "Here you go" I said. "Thank you, I hope your not friends wit his ugly ass" she said. The way she was talking caught me off guard. "Hell no he was just cat calling pretty much" I said. "Oh, what's your name?" She said. "Marlow" I said. "Oh cool, my name is Quinn" she said. "Well Quinn you wanna sit by me at lunch?" I said. "Sure" She said. We talked and all that shit and I told her a little bit about how I knew Derryn and New Jersey. "Oh no wonder you have that accent" she said. "Yeah but it's not as strong because my parents aren't from New Jersey so they speak like people from Houston, Texas. Normal" I said. "Oh that's cool" she said. "So about this Derryn, have you ever thought about being more than friends? I mean it seems like you guys are pretty intimate."She said. "Um" I said. I had to think. I mean he is fine and I've known him for a long time but that doesn't mean we are meant for each other necessarily. "Nah I think me and him should just keep it simple for now" I said. "Well destiny kinda brought you two back together" she said. She's right something is up. How is it that only 2 and half years have gone by since he left and we just so happened to go to the same school and live in the same city. It's hella rare. I took what she said in mind as I left the cafeteria. Just then I see him. Derryn. Again. Girls are around him trying to talk to him. I keep walking thinking he doesn't see me. "Marlow wait up" he says running up to me. Huh. "Yes?" I say. "How are you" he says. "Pretty damn good" I say. "I see you got the musty struggle braids" he says picking at me hair. I smack his hand. "Fiesty hoe" he said,"lemme talk to you for a minute". He pulls me into a storage closet without anyone seeing. "Wtf are you doing hanging with Allen" he said. "What's wrong with Allen?He's cool to me" I say. "Well he's only doing that cause he wants to get in your pants" Derryn said. Hearing him talk like this was lowkey making me- omg wtf is wrong with me. "Um no he's not and if so it wouldn't be so bad because he's 16 and I'm 15. I'm not gonna let him rape me or anything like that so just relax" I said. I tried to walk out the door."Wait!" He said twisting me on top of him.

Flashback
3 years ago

"Wait!" Derryn said chasing after me."No" I said. "She kissed me I swear" he said. "That's my little cousin, THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" I said. He grabbed my arm. "Let me go"

Flashback over

"Let me go" I said snatching my arm back and heading to my next hour. I speed walked to my class and sat down. I came about 4 minutes late. "That's a tardy Miss Marlow" The teacher said. "Ok" I said. We were doing silent work towards the end of class and for some reason tears were starting to fill my eyes. I just couldn't stop thinking about those days, because they weren't always good...